Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're headed to glacier Park in July.
Starting out in Deadwood for two days.from Deadwood to Cody to Yellowstone to Jackson hole headed north to West side of a Glacier staying at McDonald Lodge and then to Many lodge in Glacier park
Two-week mission. I've ridden a lot of the area but never in glacier any suggestions? Or MUST DO SUGGESTIONS?
Thanks.. Panhead

·
Registered
189 Posts
I did a ride last year from Michigan to Glacier, was the best ride of my life. I will send you a PM with a couple of roads I took around the area and if you are up to a longer ride, another one West of Glacier that I ended up on trying to get away from the snow. :) Great place to ride!!!!

·
Registered
608 Posts
if you have time, after going over glacier go north,babb to pincher creek,kananaskisk highway to canmore,then up thru jasper icefields.rt turn to Edmonton and return.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Get prepared to be blown away. Glacier is probably the most beautiful place in the lower 48. You will see ice up there even in July, have your chaps handy. When you stop on the side of the road to take a pic, look around and you’ll see some massive blueberry bushes. I ate a shitload while soaking up the views.

Enjoy. I’m jealous.

·
Registered
982 Posts
As said, it's an amazing beautiful area. Been up there a couple times & camped out once at a state campground on Flathead Lake. It's a bit cold up there at night and in the mornings.
If you plan on heading north across into Canada, make sure you've got your passport and other paperwork in order, and make sure you don't try to cross that border with a firearm.
Lil Chief

·
Registered
30 Posts
My recommendations are get on the road early once you are in the park. The first time I was there, we got a late start and traffic crawls. Going to the Sun Road is one of the best things you can do legally on a motorcycle. I was there July 4th this past summer, 32F leaving the campground in Whitefish, MT right at sunrise with heavy fog at ground level. We entered the park in West Glacier and broke through the fog before Red Rock Point. The views as we climbed with the dense fog in the valleys and the majestic peaks towering over us was absolutely breathtaking. Take a few minutes to hike on the ice at Logan Pass Visitor Center, it is worth the (short) hike.
From Cody to Yellowstone, don't miss the Chief Joseph scenic byway (120 to 296) also called Dead Indian Hill Rd. And then do Beartooth Pass, of course.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Since you're that close you should schedule the trip so you can go to Shark Week in Deadwood. :wink:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Unfortunately I wish I had scheduled it to hit shark week. I am Pumped about this trip! It's going to be Excellent!
My brother-in-law just traded his 12 Road Glide custom in for a the 2019 RG special for the trip.Im excited to see if the new 114 will keep up with the SE 120R. We will be breaking that in right!
Thanks for all the suggestions. Keep them common boys

·
Registered
33 Posts
Glacier

Hey Guys,

I'm in Whitefish about 20 west of West Glacier. Lots of great riding on both sides of the divide. When we ride over Logan's pass we usually ride over to East Glacier first , then hwy 49 (Looking glass pass, true 25mph road) then hwy 89 to St Mary's into park. Great hike up to Virginia Falls, stand in 80 ft wash off the waterfall. Absolutely stop at Logan Pass, they have some mc parking which helps. Great rides around Flathead lake , Hot Springs, Libby & the Yak.
Hope that helps, holler if you need more details..... goldie

·
Registered
982 Posts
Browning is not motorcycle friendly, have enough gas to clear the Res' if your on the east
This!!! We made a stop there for fuel and lunch one time, not knowing any better. Although we didn't have any issues, we were warned by a retired cop that we ran into later on in the trip to avoid this place like the plague. All kinds of unsolved crime, including alot of stolen bikes, cars, and homicides, with the victims being folks who stayed the night in hotels there, not knowing any better, only to wake up ( or not wake up) and find all their stuff gone.

Lil Chief

1 - 12 of 12 Posts