Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
July 27th. It takes about 1 3/4 days of super slab to get there from here in south central Missouri. I'm feeling a little down about the trip, as I'll be leaving my "navigator" at home for this trip. We have had plans for this trip for a couple of months, and my wife was just informed that, due to increasing traffic in the surgery dept. where she works, all vacations are postponed until they get a few more nurses hired. After a couple days of bitching about the situation(I don't blame her), she insisted that I go ahead and get my long ride in for this summer so she wouldn't have to put up with ME bitching the rest of the year. Haven't took a long solo trip since the summer of 1999 when I was single, so I guess I'll have plenty of time to reflect on how lucky I am to have a gal like her. I'll be coming home via the more relaxed route(2 lane to within 30 miles from home). Maybe I'll have a couple posts to make on the Spotted thread.

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
While I am sure you would enjoy it more with your "Navigator" along, I have no doubt you will still enjoy your time on the road. Make sure to take time to post some pics for the rest of us to enjoy :)

·
Registered
308 Posts
My wife and I just did our first trip together. She only spent 4 out of 10 days with me because of work conflicts, and also not knowing how she would like a long trip. When I dropped her at the airport in Montana, I felt pretty lonely for a day or so.

On a side note, I'm headed out to the Black Hills on 7/27 for the weekend... Shoot me a pm if you want to try and meet up at some point.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My wife and I just did our first trip together. She only spent 4 out of 10 days with me because of work conflicts, and also not knowing how she would like a long trip. When I dropped her at the airport in Montana, I felt pretty lonely for a day or so.

On a side note, I'm headed out to the Black Hills on 7/27 for the weekend... Shoot me a pm if you want to try and meet up at some point.
Unless weather slows me down, I plan on arriving in Keystone sometime 7-28 in the afternoon. We're burning up here in Missouri from no rain and several weeks near, or in the 100's. It'll be my luck monsoon season sets in about the 26th. We made this ride a few years ago, put on rainsuits in Richmond, Mo. and still had them on when we got to Rapid City.

·
Registered
308 Posts
We are stuck in the heat wave in south eastern SD too... I came through Rapid City last Saturday and it was 100 degrees there. The Hills are a tinder box and they've got fire bans everywhere. I'm hoping the heat breaks a little so the ride out there isn't so uncomfortable.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Heading out here on the 27th also from Mississippi. Have to trailer out due to limited time off work. Staying at custer state park if anyone cares to meet up for lunch or a cup of jo drop me a msg. We will be driving non stop there and back so as to maximized our ride time while there. I do so love riding the black hills

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got back from my (early) trip to the Black Hills and Sturgis. I was wrong about the weather turning rainy. I work outside 8-10 hours per day at my job, and am accustomed to the sun. Just about cooked thru the whole trip, except for a brief downpour while I was in the Badlands on July 30. My solution to staying hydrated in the 100+ heat worked like a charm, and I'll use it again on a long hot trip. About 900 miles up there, and I've got a newsflash for those not up in that area over the last couple weeks: They're EVERYWHERE(sharks, obviously).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts