Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my Stage 1 installed. Went with the Jackpot 2/1/2 header, 4" Jackpot mufflers, and the Fuel Moto AC. Everything sounds great, but just had a couple questions if anyone has experienced the same thing . . .

1) The header is touching (slightly) the cam cover. Is this an issue or am I nuts? I have tried to adjust the header and cannot adjust it to the point that it does not touch

2) The drive belt is touching the exhaust crossover. I know the suspension will obviously compress when I sit on the bike, but this was also driving me nuts. The crossover is clamped in the exact position it was when I removed it, so common sense tells me it must be the same as it was before I removed it, but I didn't pay attention to what it looked like before.

I tried to look at my wife's bike (2014 Limited) for comparison, but hers is lowered 1 inch so no real comparison.

Thanks in advance for helping the OCD guy.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I don't have your exhaust setup but I'm sure it should not be touching/rubbing against any part of the bike...definately breakdown the exhuast and install again. Give FM a call, I'm sure they will say the same thing, perhaps provide a tip on the install to help prevent this from happening again.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I had already emailed Fuel Moto about it last night and got a reply back before 10 this morning. Also called them and was able to speak with one of their installers. Just gotta make some adjustments to the crossover clamp. Seems like a real stand up company. I'll definitely buy from them again considering how great their customer service is.

·
Registered
972 Posts
I have the same header and I gotta tell you there is only slight gap between the cam cover and the exhaust. I do have a RSD cover which could be contributing to the close tolerance ..... I attempted several time to loosen everything and move it a bit, not a chance. But then again my heat shield fit terribly, no matter how a move hem around there is a huge gap between the rear shield and the front two. I fixed that with two band clamps under the front two shields to prop them out some. I like the pipe just fine, but I had the FullSac pipe before this one and had zero issues, same bike same installer - so what does that tell ya. I went with the full size crossover pipe and with the bike jacked up it touches the belt, when down at ride height it is about 1/3 of an inch or a bit more. So you may want to tweak it a bit and see if you can get the gap you need. Hope that helps.

PS mine are the ceramic coated stainless steel version and the coating is kind of rubs off as it gets powdery, not sure if that is normal or not, but thought I would throw that out there.

Also I think the FullSac with a TTS is a better system all together. The heat you feel is not as bad with the FullSac and it seems to run smoother But I have what I have and I am sticking with it regardless. The sound of the FuelMoto system is much nicer to me.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - I got it figured out. Just took a lot of adjusting here and there, with some breaks in between. The sound is exactly what I want . . . LOUD if I really crank on it, but a low rumble at highway speeds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts