Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
647 miles ago I picked up my 2013, and put the Jackpot 4" slipons on it. Now I've ordered the header, air cleaner and tuner to complete stage 1. I'm pretty good with a wrench, just wondering how long a project do I have on my hands? The final piece is supposed to arrive Monday. I leave for Ocean City MD bikefest Thursday morning. If I can only work on it at night, should I risk starting the job monday night?

If I complete the install, any risks I am facing with how the bike is running that I may not be able to cure before trip? Is my best bet to leave it until I return?

Thanks for the advice!

By the way I got the Fuel Moto pro billet AC, the Jackpot 2/1/2 headers and the Fuel Moto micro tuner

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
You should have plenty of time to complete the job as long as everything goes as planned. Now with that said, I would recommend not doing any mods right before a trip because it seems shit always happens at the wrong moment.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have to agree with both of you guys, I'm going to wait. Not worth the risk and Murphy's law is always there.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I put on my Vance and Hines headers, Klock Werks mufflers, SE Heavy Breather, power vision and flashed the ECM in 4.5 hours... I never had any problems....

It shouldn't take you long.. But if you're cool with it wait till you have more time.. Murphy usually takes his frustrations out on me, got lucky this time I guess... Or is he just saving it all up...............

1 - 5 of 5 Posts