Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9,036 Posts
When I pulled in my neighbor came over to check out the bike and he told me that he and others he talked to had booked their sites a year in advance.
You are so much nicer than I......had someone approached me at a Camp Site......mine would have sounded more like this

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Looking forward to your impressions of the bike. A good friend just bought one and loves it so far. It’s a very nice looking and comfortable bike, but I haven’t ridden one yet…pretty sure it’ll be top of the list when the time comes.
Looking forward to the pics
Looking forward to the pics
Wow! What a day! The roads did not disappoint!
All the roads can be ridden on the Road Glide , but a few place might catapult you off the seat if you are not ready for them. 😳

The shade and the elevation helped keep the temps in the lower 80s except when rolling through a town or dropping elevation in the sun.

I need to go ahead and get a point and shoot that I can use while rolling or a momentary stop in the road. The curves just didn’t have places to safely stop and fiddle with the phone or even think about getting off the bike.

You can’t really zoom in enough on the maps to show the curves as they are experienced without having dozens of photos, but here is one sample.

View attachment 445131 View attachment 445132 View attachment 445133

Don’t mind the pink phone. I grabbed my wife’s old phone as the sacrificial navigation device and hot spotted it to my phone that stayed safely in my jacket pocket. Worked pretty well because I also downloaded offline maps of the area.

It didn’t get off to a good start though so I had to stop in Lynchburg and get it navigating correctly.
View attachment 445135

Google was set for fuel efficient routing so Iguess that meant it would take me on slower back roads that had less stops but about the same distance. This gave me the opportunity to enjoy the scenery a little more.
View attachment 445136 View attachment 445137 View attachment 445138

I also found some more old gas stations which indeed make some of the best backgrounds for bike photos.
View attachment 445139 View attachment 445141 View attachment 445140
I definitely rode through several of those towns when I lived in TN. Miss it so much. Great pics David, thanks.

Reactions: twowheeladdict

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
No idea how I got all those quotes in that comment (airhead attack?) I would almost swear that I have seen some of those gas stations; or, am I just dreaming again? :):):geek:

21 - 26 of 26 Posts