Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Folks, I'm heading out today on my annual spring solo ride. I live in northern WI and will be stopping by to see an old college friend in southern WI, then I'll head west into IA before pointing the Road Glide straight south.

I'll keep you guys updated with the highlights, lowlights. I've so far ridden the bike in 34 states and plan to 'pick off' a few that I've not yet rode in. The Gulf States and AR are among those (LA, AL, MS, FL). Then I'll head back north up through GA, TN, KY, IN, and MI before pulling back in my Northwoods WI home.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Awesome. Safe journeys and have fun! Looking forward to reading about your highlights. Hopefully there will be zero lowlights...

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Ride safe Ran, looking forward to your updates. Mine has been delayed a couple weeks and I'm not leaving till this Friday. I'll look for you on the road!

·
Super Moderator
1,776 Posts
Ride report and lots of pictures please!

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not much to report today. Ended my day in Maquoketa, IA (About midway between Dubuque and the Quad Cities. Rain held me up and I don't know if I'm getting old or what, but I just didn't feel like putting on the raingear today (that's not normal for me). But I'm still 383 miles from home, so its not like I was sitting still all day.

Stopped to see my first wife for an hour or so (1983-86). A relationship I value because I believe she led me to my current wife with whom I have my beautiful daughters:).

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had a great 500 mile ride today. It started out a little cold and wet, but ended up warm and dry. This morning, while I was out wiping down the bike from a rain the night before, the pretty young lady working the counter at the Hotel came out and said, "Sir...would you a like some dry towels to wipe down your bike?" How cool is that! My 'standard equipment' towel was already pretty wet.

State highway 19 running north and south through MO is a great motorcycle road. Smooth pavement, sweeping curves, cool little towns. If you haven't ridden it and you're heading to MO, give it a try.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Keep the stories coming. Love reading of others log distance trips. Provides great ideas and many "lessons learned". Makes me eager to hit the road myself.

·
Registered
391 Posts
You'll have the entire map in your signature block nearly colored in by the end of this trip! Sweeet. Keep safe and keep on sending updates/pics...

·
Registered
946 Posts
Ride safe.

Stephen

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No pics today folks. I just didn't feel like stopping for pictures today. ONE of the several reasons I like riding alone is due to my impatient, almost 'addictive' riding style. I rode in 4 different states today. Started out in far SE MO, zig-zagged my way north to south through the eastern side of Arkansas, clipped the NE corner of Louisiana, and landed in Vicksburg, Mississippi (about 40 miles west of Jackson and just across the river from Louisiana). I'll head pretty much straight south from here tomorrow morning to get closer to the Gulf Coast and then point the Road Glide to the east through the tip of Alabama and into the western panhandle of Florida.

Hoping to rendezvous with an old high school buddy around Tallahassee on Thursday before beginning my turn back to the north.

91 degrees down here today! Whew! We northern boys aren't used to this stuff the first of May!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts