Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was my GF's last day of work, she is now retired!

Tomorrow morning we hit the road. We'll ride up to southern Utah, stopping for the night somewhere between Kanab & Panguitch. The next day it's on to Ogden to visit friends.

From there 4 of us will head up to Jackson for 4 days. Hang out, do day rides. Unfortunately, the Berry fire has the southern entrance to Yellowstone closed off.

If it stays that way we'll head into Idaho & enter the park at the west entrance.

From there it's up to Red Lodge, although Beartooth Pass is closed right now with snow & ice.

On into Montana to visit family.

Then, it's over to Belle Fourche. Ride thru Spearfish Canyon, Deadwood, Hill City before heading down to Ft Collins.

Meander thru Colorado to Durango for a night before heading down thru NM & over to our cabin in the high country.

Should be home in time to sit in my seat at the stadium for the season opener: Patriots vs Cardinals.

Come on sunrise...

·
Registered
6,856 Posts
Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy and a safe ride.

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Sounds like a GREAT time, have fun and ENJOY!

·
Registered
3,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the well wishes...

Just got back today after riding 3,348 miles.
Day one took us around the Grand Canyon & into Panguitch, UT. The next day we made it to Ogden. Spent a couple days there visiting, then the 4 of us rode up to Jackson.
We spent time enjoying Grand Teton NP and a sunrise raft trip on the Snake River.
Then we tooled around Yellowstone, since the south entrance was re-opened, before riding to Red Lodge.
Got to ride Beartooth Pass both directions & Chief Joseph Hwy before heading to Billings to visit family for a couple days.
From there it was over to South Dakota where we got to ride the Black Hills without crowds.
Then we headed on to Colorado, with a nice ride thru Poudre Canyon & Roosevelt NF. On up to Leadville and down to Salida, Pagosa Springs & over Wolf Creek Pass into Durango.
Our trip finished with a night at our cabin in the mountains.
I'm ready to go again!

You get a road like this, you stop!

A stop at the pass

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts