Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading out to Ft Rucker tomorrow night from Ann Arbor, Mi. Planning on 23 south to 75 south to Cinnci. Going around Cinnci this time on 275 east. I'm tired of fighting the construction thru town. From Cinnci, heading down 75 to Knoxville then Chattanooga. Thinking of getting off the super slab in Ashville and taking 231 into Ozark Alabama. Anyone ridden this part of the trip? Ashville Alabama to Ozark?

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
I answered your question, but now I am thinking you might wansome additional information. 231 is a decent ride with a little traffic while crossing I-20, and potentially some crappy traffic going through Montgomery.

Is Ashville a starting point for a reason?

If you are a skilled rider that likes curves I can give you some alternate suggestions that might add a few hours onto your journey, but they will be fun hours.

Or, I can just route you a little better to avoid riding through Montgomery.

If you have never been, you owe it to yourself to visit Barbers Motorsports Museum. It is a place for those who love motorcycles as much as riding them. If you are only a Harley guy you might only find it mildly interesting. Barber Motorsports Museum: Home

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Since I'm leaving at 11pm Tuesday night and have to be in Ozark for my son's graduation ball Wednesday by 6pm, sight seeing really isn't in the cards for this trip. I'm thinking I should make Knoxville by 7am which should put me in Ashville by 11. I'm hoping to bypass B'ham and most of the Montgomery traffic by doing the 231. That should put me at Rucker by 4 or 5, just in time for a quick shower and maybe a nap before hob-nobbing with the brass at his graduation ball.

·
Registered
3,797 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,760 Posts
Well if you stay on the slab from Knoxville to Chattanooga and run 59 to Birmingham , picking up the 459 loop to 65, you will miss Bham traffic , if you are in Knoxville at 0700 , you can be in Montgomery in five hours or less ..Why not run from Cincy to Louisville and pick up 65 ? that will put you in Montgomery in 12 hrs or less ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts