Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to San Francisco area to visit a friend and do some riding around the area this weekend. We have another friend we are going to ride over and visit around the Sacramento area. It is only about a 600mi ride from where I am in AZ to the San Francisco area but instead of doing the freeways and doing the ride in 1 day I am going to take 2 days to get to San Fran. So I am heading to the coast and going to ride the Pacific Coast Highway (PCH) HWY 1 up to San Fran on Friday. I done the PCH before but it was always in the spring so this is my first fall ride on the PCH. The PCH is a awesome ride the road has tons of twisties and jaw dropping views around every turn. As a bonus ride I am taking HWY 58 from Buttonwillow to Santa Margarita which is listed as one of Americas top 20 roads. It is going to be a little cool out but it should be a good ride I put the vents back in my fairng lowers and I am taking my Gerbing gear just incase and I hope the ole scoot gives me a great trouble free ride.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
Have a great trip Mark. You just missed the storm that went through. Hopefully the weather stays as nice as it is today. Hope to see you again in Laughlin if not before. Ride safe.

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
Highway 58 is one of my favorites. I take it from 33 over to 101 usually. They have a few solar farms back in there now that are new in the last year or two so be careful as suddenly the last time I rode it there were CHP on the road. It used to be you could go as fast as you want and not worry about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts