Road Glide banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to the Ozarks in a couple of weeks, are there any must ride rodes. I know about sv7. Actually founds some good site that have some great info. Please let me know. Coming down from St.Paul MN, so will be riding through Missouri also.

·
Registered
375 Posts
There are sooo many. Suggest you go on Harley Ride planner and look for public routes or scenic rides in that area. Fayetteville to eureka springs has some awesome routes.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Search for the thread "Blues Bikes & BBQ". There are a couple of posts with recommendations. There are so many good rides in Southern MO and AR that it's hard to recommend one.

·
Registered
613 Posts
The hotels in that area have several rides published that you can look at on the internet that covers many of the more popular ride routes; they also put together a pamplet with maps and routes that are available at most of the hotels in that area. If you do a search of any of those areas all this information will pop up for you to review so you can make decisions on how best to spend the available time you have to ride.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Stop at the Welcome Center to Arkansas. They have a book with rides & routes for each part of the state. Anything north of I 40 is good.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm heading up to BBB in 2 weeks.. I've rode all of these that are posted below, they are all really nice rides..... I'm partial to the pig trail ride... Be sure to stop at turner bend country store and pick up a pin or patch... They are really nice people.... Also make sure to spend some time in Eureka Springs, and hit the Cathouse lounge and Rockin Pig Saloon.

http://www.bikesbluesandbbq.org/rally-info/maps-directions/

·
Registered
550 Posts
Some of the best riding in the country...HQ in Eureka Springs. Coolest little town. Looks like a swiss village. VERY biker friendly place. Out of there you can run the pig trail , Hwy7 out of Harrison is must do , hwy 16 , 83 across to 13 in Mo is also great. You can ride there for a week and not see the same curve twice and all will loop back into Eureka at the end of the day. We go twice a year and love it . If you need anymore information, pm me or give me a call. Would be glad to help steer you.:cool:

·
Registered
6,081 Posts
I was just thru Eureka Springs last week. Great town, wish I had stayed over and did some more exploring. The roads in and out of town were fun. Did some OK roads in southern MO, but nothing spectacular. The Bransom area was nice. Route 19 in MO was cool. You can pick it up off of interstate 44 and take it south to Arkansas.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yep the Rockin' Pig is a must, then go next door to the PigTrail HD store and they have a rack of maps with scenic rides. Each map has suggested stops and the miles and approx time to ride. Grap one of each and keep them in your bag. If you have a chance to go a little north and east of Eureka Springs, hit highway 125 and cross Bull Shoals lake on the Peel Ferry. Its a free ferry and is kinda cool taking your scooter across the water on a ferry. When we crossed there was 18 bikes and one car. As we approached the other side the hillsdie was lined with bikes coming back the other way. I was one of two Harley's in a crowd of about 60 sport and sport touring bikes.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
While in Eureka Springs, all RoadGlide.org member are required to visit The Cathouse.

It is an official stop on the Road Glide flag tour. An official handoff occured on the premises.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I stay at the motell across from the rocking pig. Cant rember the name but its a 2 story white building with a whole bunch of flowers around the top balcony.Try and go on the week days not fri thru sun prices go up about doubel on the weekend.They are super nice have a pool and hot tub. The pig trail is about a qtr mi up the road.By the way when the down hill curve says 25mph they aint kidding real washboardy on the tight curves . Have fun !!!!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
I stay at the motell across from the rocking pig. Cant rember the name but its a 2 story white building with a whole bunch of flowers around the top balcony.Try and go on the week days not fri thru sun prices go up about doubel on the weekend.They are super nice have a pool and hot tub. The pig trail is about a qtr mi up the road.By the way when the down hill curve says 25mph they aint kidding real washboardy on the tight curves . Have fun !!!!!
I agree with the posted speed limits in curves....I never get in a hurry when riding the pig trail, but there is always a few riding sport bikes who love to ride my a*s..... they need to slow down and learn to enjoy the ride........

Damn, saying this means I'm Officially Old........LOL

·
Registered
550 Posts
Trails Inn is the name of the place. Really nice folks there....thats our Eureka HQ when we go.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts