Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone between Canton,Ohio and York, Pa?

We'll leave Canton on Monday and putter over. Prolly stop at the Flight 93 Memorial for a vist. Steet Toe tour and the HD plant on Tues and then not much planned for the rest of the day. Gonna wander back to Canton on Wed. Anyone up for lunch or dinner somewhere?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
I'm not in the area but if you've never been, Gettysburg is a cool place and it's only about 40 miles west of York. Depending on your route you may go through there on your way.

·
Super Moderator
5,856 Posts
Be on the lookout for evidence of SWI on your travels. We might have left a few things behind...lol

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Be on the lookout for evidence of SWI on your travels. We might have left a few things behind...lol
Ummm,,,, I shouldn't be worried about riding a shark and being guilty by association should I? I mean, after all, this is only my second year with a shark. :D

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More pix from the camera once we get home tomorrow. It's quit raining here. Think we're gonna make a quick run down to B'more and let the wife see the Inner Harbor.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So we left so dreary weather in Ohio on Monday but it dried up for the trip out. It did catch up with us in York on Tues though. :-[ Took mostly state routes on the way over. Maybe 50 miles of slab but it beats running through Pittsburgh.
Stopped at the Flight 93 Memorial on the way out.

Went on to York from there. Met up with four other riders (one being a SEUG) in Breezewood and tagged along with them for about 15 miles east on RT 30. It's always fun to follow someone that knows the roads Bypassed Gettysburg on the way out due to a big 150th celebration and took PA 124 (I think) to York. Nice 2 lane state route with little traffic and a few small towns for 28 miles.

Got to York Mon night. Got up Tues to rain. Geared up, headed to the HD shop about a mile west of the Factory. They had a some nice old stuff to look at.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
On to the factory, no cameras allowed inside but did get a few pix outside. The tour is well worth it to see how these things are put together. One thing I thought was interesting is how the robots weld the frames on the touring bikes. Over 250" of welds and after it's all done, the certified welder has 4 mins to inspect it all. Dunno about that but until my frame breaks, I'll believe it works.

The rain let off that evening so we took a quick run down to Baltimore's Inner Harbor. The wife had never been there and it's been about 25 years since my last visit.

·
Registered
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Stopped in Gettysburg on Wed on the way home but it seemed like every middle school within 100 miles was there for a field trip that day. We nosed around for an hour and got out of the madness.

on the road home.

The wife went nuts with the camera taking pix of everything either while on the bike or off. If you'd like to see more of the pix, here's the link to my PB album.http://s275.photobucket.com/user/ohiobellboy/library/York Pa trip?sort=4&page=1
Some of the pix are from her camera, my phone and her phone so they're in no reasonable order.

Great trip overall the the steel toe tour is well worth it IMO :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts