Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question, i tried searching for this answer for didn't find anything

I just purchased a 2015 RGS and the headlights are aimed too low. before i go screwing with anything, which way do i turn the adjustment screw for the lights to go up. CW or CCW?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,058 Posts
I can't say for sure on the new fairings but on mine i turn clockwise to raise. If you have 2 adjustment screws like the older fairing have then you'll need to turn them both equally or you'll start moving the beam left or right. I'd also recommend buying the service manual too If you're gonna do anything to the bike

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new ones just have 1 adjuster in the middle.
I guess I'll just experiment

Yes, a manual is on my short list

·
Registered
66 Posts
I just rode my new 15 for the first time at night last night and they are definitely too low. I need to adjust them up as well. I saw the adjuster, just don't know which way to turn it yet

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was able to get mine done, CCW goes up

·
Registered
20 Posts
I put a bigger wheel on front and lowered back end 2" so now my lights don't even hit the road. I found the adjustment screw and have turned it both ways but the light beam has not moved. I took the headlight out of the fairing to see how it works. The screw turns a dial. Looks like I will be taking it to HD Monday.

Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I first tried mine I somehow was using a 10mm socket and I had the same issue, kept turning and nothing. Then I saw the error, grabbed a 9mm and problem solved

1 - 8 of 8 Posts