Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 RGU. I have a question I have been unable to answer. Is there supposed to be a spring in the headlight assembly to keep tension on the adjusters?

I replaced the stock head light with one of the Chinese knock off Daymakers. There looks to be a spot for a spring, but I don't remember seeing one come out when I disassembled the unit, and I didn't see a spring that would go back in. However, the unit seems very loose and I needed to add a couple of nuts to tighten it up.

This means that the adjustment doesn't really work.

Am I crazy or just missing a spring?

·
Registered
8,189 Posts
I have a 2012 RGU. I have a question I have been unable to answer. Is there supposed to be a spring in the headlight assembly to keep tension on the adjusters?

I replaced the stock head light with one of the Chinese knock off Daymakers. There looks to be a spot for a spring, but I don't remember seeing one come out when I disassembled the unit, and I didn't see a spring that would go back in. However, the unit seems very loose and I needed to add a couple of nuts to tighten it up.

This means that the adjustment doesn't really work.

Am I crazy or just missing a spring?
No spring , just 3 adjusting screws. One on each side at the bottom/side and one in the middle near the top.

You can't adjust the one in the middle while installed. You kinda got to take an educated guess on the middle one then install the housing and adjust the 2 on the bottom to achieve optimum level.

I have the Chinese daymakers also. I had to actually shim the bottom of the actual lights to get it where I wanted.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. It just looked Like there is a spot for a spring in the center of the headlight assembly. I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts