Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm taking apart the fairing soon for a handlebar install. Figured it might be a good time to possibly swap out headlight bulbs. Is there any good HID replacement bulbs that can be picked up at an auto shop? Recently got PRK surgery so my night vision isn't quite as good as it was, so anything better than the stock dim lights would help. Bike is a 13 RGU

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
I just use Sylvania Silverstar Ultras H4 bulbs and they work just fine.

·
Registered
10,373 Posts
I'm taking apart the fairing soon for a handlebar install. Figured it might be a good time to possibly swap out headlight bulbs. Is there any good HID replacement bulbs that can be picked up at an auto shop? Recently got PRK surgery so my night vision isn't quite as good as it was, so anything better than the stock dim lights would help. Bike is a 13 RGU
http://www.walmart.com/ip/21950005?reviews_limit=7&

I used these. They are a lot better than stock , and can be bought at any parts store or Wally world.
Keep an eye out for the group buy here for the tru HID lights. They are great.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
http://www.walmart.com/ip/21950005?reviews_limit=7&

I used these. They are a lot better than stock , and can be bought at any parts store or Wally world.
Keep an eye out for the group buy here for the tru HID lights. They are great.

^This^
Been using these since SWIII when I think HogWild turned me on to them. Work great for 1/10 the price of DayMakers. Some reviews claim they don't last very long, but I've probably got 15,000+mi on them in the bike, and I've put some in my car and truck as well with no issues.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
^^^ just put a fresh set in, cause the low beam went on one(my fault)... could have bought just one to replace, had to have the fairing anyways to check wiring. This time got the top adjuster perfect

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I'll see if the Wally World here has some. Good to hear multiple people saying they're good!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7,445 Posts
I just replaced mine and I got them from Wally World, I think I paid a little bit more (around $45) but pricing depends on the area you are in, the online price will be different too.
The bulbs last me about a year and when one goes out then I just get a 2 pack and swap them both out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.