Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can the headlight trim ring, then headlights be removed without fairing
removal?
would like to do a headlamp bulb upgrade.
2012 RGU
thanks in advance
I have read the sticky about fairing removal.....but could not get the
info for headlight removal while still on the fairing-if this is possible on 2012.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
If it's a 2012, You can remove the trim ring around the lights. There are 4 tabs near each corner you insert a flat knife etc and the ring will come off.

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Unfortunately not. You have to pull the outer fairing off
Wrong!!
On the 2012 model the headlight can be removed without taking the fairing off.
Just remove the cover and you can get to the screws that hold the headlight shell itself.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
2012 can definitely be handled without removing the fairing. Us guys with the older models ain't so lucky ..... :(

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
09 was the last year the outer fairing has to be removed in order to change headlights. 10s and newer can be done without having to remove the fairing.

·
Registered
48 Posts
09 was the last year the outer fairing has to be removed in order to change headlights. 10s and newer can be done without having to remove the fairing.
That's a fact, I have a 2011 (son too) we changed his bulbs to HID WITH OUT removing the faring. Simply remove the bezel and take the 4 screws per light out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
while you have the fairing apart save yourself the hassle and convert your headlight backplate. I did on my 09 and it is great. Someone had a full description on here but basicly I removed the headlights from the backing plate, remounted them to the front and backed out the adjuster screws to recess the whole package. I left the bubble off and went with the 09 CVO trim. very sweet and easy.

·
Super Moderator
5,854 Posts
Just put a set of PIAAs in Frankies Ultra a few minutes ago. Easy Peasy! Maybe took 15 minutes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts