Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a video I made to show how to take your 2009 and older headlights, and with a few parts from your dealer convert it to the 2010 and up style. The benefits are that you can use any after market bezel, including the 2010 and up H-D, change your headlight bulbs without removing the outer fairing,.. and easy access incase you drop a wellnut in your fairing.
Part numbers are 67959-10 for the trim ($43.95) and 67980-10 for the shorter adjustment bolts (optional, and are $5.50 each). So for $60 you can do this mod without having to buy the entire assembly. There are other ways, including modifying your existing trim but this is the right way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj5hiK2xyhI&list=UL

·
Registered
470 Posts
nice job.......i have been thinking of doing this mod for several years, but seeing you do it has made it more understandable.....thanks for all your effort

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Thx., for making and posting this mod., Chainsaw (Ruler of all Apes!)
I'd imagine the same parts , that you have modded come allong w/the new LED Head-Lites that are now available for thew Roadglides,...huh?
Are you modding, ur future bike??? hehehehehe-he

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Thank you very much for the part numbers and information. I was just shopping for the newer style assembly for my 09.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am ordering the above parts from PC pain. Great pricing!
Those priced I posted are list price,.. my dealer doesn't give me any kinda discount. Most places will take a little off for ya and make it even cheaper yet :D

·
Registered
114 Posts
the million dollar question, will the "mean mug" fit my 05 once i get this done??

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
114 Posts
its a good day.

thanks chain. the video is great. this entire mod will be getting checked off the list much sooner than expected...down to the mug.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Did my upgrade over the weekend. Went very smoothly! First time of taking the fairing off and on. Getting it lined back up and on was more of a pain than the rest of the work.

Thanks for the video Chainsaw-helped a ton!

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Did my upgrade over the weekend. Went very smoothly! First time of taking the fairing off and on. Getting it lined back up and on was more of a pain than the rest of the work.

Thanks for the video Chainsaw-helped a ton!
Yes,.. that first time figuring it all out is a beeeatch! After a couple hundred times you will become a pro! :D

·
Registered
255 Posts
excellent video, one of my headlights just burned out on my 09 so I may as well do this mod with my new bi-xenon bulbs. Plus I need to replace blown air gauge light and the right hog tunes speaker is also blown so I will be putting J & M's in this time even though hogtunes will send me new ones they can keep it as I was not impressed with them at all anyway.

This will be a winter project out in my cold shed, I have never taken the fairing apart myself so this will be a test of patience.. Are there any good step by step video's out there in regards to fairing removal and installation?

BTW feel free to share any other mods you can think of that would be good to do while I have fairing open.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts