Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riders
I bought the 14" klockwerks , for my 15. It does ok but I guess I am not getting what I want out of it. I want little or no wind in my face(dry eyes) I wear goggles but it feel like I have virtually no screen up top. I can hear the radio much better. I am 6'4" but a rider that was at the stealer with me said that the shorter was what he was using and it was the bomb. I suppose I will have to go with a higher type, but not to make it look like a gold wing. It's the sport flare. Oh well, back to the drawing board.:frown:

·
Registered
6,613 Posts
It's a motorcycle so having no wind would be impossible. Also most of the wind you are getting may be airflow from under the upper fairing so a set of fairing lowers would cut down on the air flow that come from under the upper fairing.

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I don't have any experience with the newer fairing design, but I never had success with KW screens. They look cool as hell though. I would try a shield with more wrap around protection and add lowers as Mark suggested.

·
Registered
654 Posts
For better wind protection, "Go Large Or Go Home". Lower wind protection also reduces wind. As IronMark said, it is a motorcycle, but I also believe that we can set up these bikes to have comfortable air flow. Also, Klock Werks are the best looking windshield. I had one. Not any more if you know what I mean. Look for the best working windshields. You are kind of tall. Get a tall windshield.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the info, I see I can get a set off hard lowers on eBay at a good price. 09shark, I have the tall boy heated seat with tour pack.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts