Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of headsets are you using. What is pros and cons. Got i set with my ultra. Was told by friend at 2 wheel sound that mixing Harley with jm was hard to set up. Sugestions?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
First, let me say I am a Pro-J&M headset user. They cost more than the Harley Headset. But in the long run, cheaper to own over time.

I have had a Harley Ultra from the first one, 1989 Ultra. Before that I had the J&M intercom set up installed on my 1985 Electra Glide. I have used the J&M headset for years. I did switch to the Harley Headset when I bought my 1998 Ultra. I found that the Harley Headsets were OK. It was not like I was sitting in my living room with my Sony Surround Sound system. But I heard the music. What I found different between the Harley Headset and J&M is the cord. J&M has a disconnect plug a few inches from the helmet. I can unplug the cord but not from the side of the helmet. The Harley Headset didn't last more than two years before it broke at the clamp. I went into my drawer and found an old J&M headset. I contacted J&M. I found that the Headset only needed a new lower cord to work with the new radio. (The Harley radio changed beginning with the 1998 model) A lot cheaper than buying a complete headset. I have bought three more J&M headsets for new helmets. I found that the Honda riders sell theirs cheaper than the Harley owners. And all I need to do to make the J&M headset work is a cord for the Harley. And the newer J&M Headsets now come in a modular set up. If you have a speaker or microphone go bad (out of warranty) you can buy just the part that is bad. And J&M has a great Customer Service, and warranty. Plus John is a Forum Sponsor. He has his own area to answer questions. Not just about Headsets, but the Amps and speakers.

But the choice is your's. Just ride safe. See you at Shark Week III in Utah.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts