Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing rumors of HD leaning in the direction of a new powerplant coming.
Cone-Shovel ran off for 14 years
Evo production run was 15 years.
This is not gospel.
Anyone else hear this?
Scott

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I heard from a friend who has a friend that knows this guy who told him that he had heard that they(HD) was going to 4 valve over heard cams engine in possibly a 107 inch engine possibly 110.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heard 107", 4 valve, single cam........called "Milwaulkee Eight"?
No indication of being liquid-cooled.
The 4-valve seems odd, as that type of configuration has historically proven to work better in higher rpm applications.
Who the hell knows....lol?
Interesting.
Scott

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
In all seriousness, I've heard through my relatively reliable grapevine that the new engine will be fully water cooled and will be a 4-valve 107. I have no desire to be a beta tester for this motor, so I'm quite happy that I have a 2016. It's about time Harley moved their engines into the mid-1990s, and I think this is a very good first step. They've upgraded the bikes massively with the Rushmore program; this is the next logical step.

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
Sht still getting milage out of saying "it's a tractor motor"...thank you Train', get a lot of grins outta that.

Can't see HD potato potato with SOHC even at 45`

A supted Vulcan would have more of a open header 350 sound

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Eh, the V-Rods don't sound bad at all. And honestly, most people couldn't care less about that sound - which has been gone since the Shovel disappeared.
I got over the must sound like/look like Harley a long time ago.
I would be willing to try something totally new.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts