Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Custom Seat Moderator
986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen post in the past about heat issues but have never experianced anything till now. Here is my setup.

Vance and Hines HO 2-1 exhaust.
PM Super Gas intake
Power Commander V from Fuel Moto with their map for my setup.

I emailed Jamie about the heat and every once and a while I'll get a back fire. He said to get the heat shields which I did and they do help a little but damn that rear exhaust is freaking burning up my inner thigh when stopped.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
326 Posts
Most of us have been there. Some say synthetic oil helps, but not by much. If you have the leg shields and a proper tune, then the only other option is an oil cooler. They're pricey, but they do the trick.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Is this a new thing or has it been going on for a while on your bike or was this while you were in Florida last week? hehe

Oil coolers help some, but they are not everything. I've got one on my bike now, but still have the OEM headpipe and can feel the heat. Fuelmoto's 2 into 1 head pipes are on back order, so I'm waiting on that to replace mine along with a PCV, then maybe it will get better for me.

·
Registered
185 Posts
i went with the thundermax TBW and my heat issues ARE gone.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You can try richer tune on you Powder Commander. The more fuel you add, the cooler the motor, also the lower your gas mileage. You need to find someplace in the middle you can live with.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Don't know what to tell you. Most of us have been there and having done what you did already should have cooled it a little. Once I got rid of the cat pipe and added the PC5, it became bearable.

If you are still getting a backfire, it sounds like a little more tuning is in order. Try adding some fuel in the 0 TP boxes.

·
Registered
855 Posts
ProPipe H/O? Do you have a TC96 or 103? Also, do you have any internal modifications to the motor? Cams, etc.? I have the V/H Pro Pipe Chrome, with the PCV (with plans for the AutoTune) and a Ness Big Sucker, and the bike feels cooler than my stock exhaust did. Maybe too much O2 in and out of the motor not being completely combusted. (Does the inside of your exhaust tip look white, brown or black? Thats a good place to start.)

Gasket leaks? Im going to re-do mine this winter. (V/H says that slight popping can be a gasket leak even if it doesnt feel like it.)

I also run AMSOil 20W50/Severe Gear 75W140 (with plans for a cooler).

Im sure you have probably looked into most of this, but what you learn may help me in the future also. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts