Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 CVO RGU that came with heated grips. The bike has 36K miles on it and the grips are starting to wear smooth. I'd like to replace them but don't want to lose the heated option. I looked online and can only find 2 options for the airflow grips: the regular chrome ones for $99.95 and black heated ones for $279.95, but those appear to be externally wired. I asked the guy at the parts counter of the local HD if the grips that came on my bike were different from the airflow grips on the shelf and if the heating element was in the grip itself or if it was under the grip. I basically asked him if I could buy the airflow grips for $99 and they would still be heated. He said "probably". I asked if the end cap on the left just came off where the heat controller was because it didn't look like it did, and he said, "yah, it should". Then he walked away. Not exactly confidence inspiring, so I'll ask here where I know I'll get a real answer.

If I want to replace the grips on my bike, what do I need to get if I want them to be the same as what I have now?

Thanks,

Nuke

·
Registered
943 Posts
The left adjuster knob is part of the grip, so the knob/grip can get pulled out after you loosen the clutch lever housing bolts (which also hold the grip). There should be enough slack to pull the grip out and you will see a wired plug in the front of the grip - give that a yank and the grip is off. Right side removal is similar, but the wired plug is right under the grip end - you'll see. Once you have it out, see if the grips you are looking at plug the same way, you may be lucky if they do.

·
Registered
5,313 Posts
Same bike, same issue. I should have bought new ones when I changed the bars a few months ago. Throttle side is simple. For the life of me I can't remember any plug on the clutch side though.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts