• Would you recommend them to a friend?

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for recommendations for internally wired heated hand grips. Who has what grips? Do you like them? would you get them again? Anyone had a set they didn't like and why?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Mine worked once then failed. They did get things real warm. once. I haven't bothered to get them fixed.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Heat Demon grip warmers are installed on my 11 RGU internally in the bars. Had them installed before I rolled out of the parking lot and put the first dozen miles on her. Rode four seasons April to Nov up in New England and use them every morning except for the Summer months. Works flawless. Only used the highest heating setting during the coldest mornings. Most of the time i would kick the setting down. $120 worth the $ for sure. Choice of Chrome or Black bar controller. Quality product IMHO.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes to all four. I have had HD internally wired on my last three bikes. This and cruise are two things I wouldn't go without. They work great, heat up quick and rarely have them higher than low to med.

H

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes to all four. I have had HD internally wired on my last three bikes. This and cruise are two things I wouldn't go without. They work great, heat up quick and rarely have them higher than low to med.

H
Heat demons all the way. Had them installed on my RGU also before I took delivery .Use them often. No problems.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Highly recommended. Even with heated gloves, they keep your control units (hand) toasty. I've ridden in 9 degrees at highway speeds and been comfortable.

Scoop

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
I got a pair of heat demons I was going to install when I did my bar swap. I got so frustrated with the bar swap that I never installed them. I do like them on my ATV though.

So I have a new in package set of heat demons I'd trade towards a seat, 21" wheel, extended bags, black parts, etc etc haha. Guess I should just throw them in the classifieds for trade or sell. I figure if I never install em I won't miss em.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Got the Harley ones for a birthday present, waited a year or so to put them on as I was pretty sure I was going to change bars again. Installed them when I did the Heritage bar swap. Cant imagine why I didnt put them on sooner. Very nice to have when its cold out, and I like to have them on in the rain. They are a little slow to warm up, but one there, you dont have to run them much above 2. I highly recommend them if you live in a cooler area of the country.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Got a set of streamliner heated grips for my 15 RGS. Was talking with the folks at my local dealer and they said there's no way to internally wire the heated grips.

I've had heated grips in the past and loved them so I will still put them on. I picked up some stainless steel zip ties at the auto parts store to minimize the look of the install.

FWIW I have heated gloves and a heated vest. Love the vest but the gloves are a hassle for me. The connection to the vest are bulky, difficult to slide in my coat and zip my sleeves with my gloves on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes to all 4, I got my first set of heated grips as stock on my 15 CVO RG. I will not have another bike without them. They are great.

·
Registered
6,625 Posts
I just use Gerbings heated gloves because they heat the front and back of the hands not just the palms.
IMO heated grips are just something else that can break down on the bike and they are a PIA to install or R&R.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
You may want to look at those for snowmobiles. They work great and much cheaper. They can fit under whatever grips you want. I did some research on those but went with heated glove liners.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
71 Posts
Has anybody installed the Heat Demons on the 2015 yet?

The Heat Demon website says they fit 2014 models.

If it's not that much more work than the HD grips (which route the wires outside the handlebar), I may change my mind.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
I had installed the Heat Demons on my '02 about 3 weeks before I traded it on my '11 SERGU. They worked great and I internally wired them. They go inside the bars so you can use whatever grip you want. The MoCo grips are heating the grips themselves, not the bars. Both my '11 SERGU and my '15 SERGU have the MoCo ones and they work great. Just wanted to toss those out there for ya.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Heat demons. Work great, last longer than 6 months, which is how long my Harley ones lasted... You have to drill one hole in the bottom of your handlebar, and thread the wires, very easy install.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Being that CVO models have the heated grips wired internally from the factory does anyone know why added heated grips cannot be wired internally?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Being that CVO models have the heated grips wired internally from the factory does anyone know why added heated grips cannot be wired internally?
because that's the MOFO MOCO.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I installed a set of heat demons, had to get a bit creative with the install but it all worked out OK.
Only got to use them for a short time because the weather went from cool days and chilly nights to snow and ice and no friggin way I'm ridin in this stuff. But the times I used them they seem pretty good, it takes a few miles for them to warm up but kept my hands warm with just my thin riding gloves on. Hope I get to use them before summer comes back.

I wanted to check yes on all four ??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts