Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 Roadglide custom. This weekend I installed a set of heated handgrips. The install was not near as hard as the instructions lead me to believe. (The instructions are crap). Anyway I probably unnecessarily hooked and unhooked too many things. The bottom line is they are installed and they work fine. Problem is the check engine light came on and the cruise control no longer works. The diagonistic code reads are: P1510, P2127, and P2138.
What do these codes mean?:confused:

·
Super Moderator
1,817 Posts
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=5766

Click on the link above for a list of all 2010 and newer trouble codes.

YOu can search "diagnostic code" and the thread will show up as well.

Good Luck, should be simple to fix.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the codes I printed them out for my file. Suggestions to correct my error. It sounds like the throttle position sensor. Could it be rotated to the wrong slots?

·
Super Moderator
1,817 Posts
It should not fit in the wrong slots. They are sized different on purpose.

Search out Donk's TBW or FBW thread. You should get some insight there.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I went out and bought a throttle by wire assembly to replace the one givng bad codes. When I took everything apart I pulled apart the old connection, using an air hose blew out the connection and lubed the contacts, put it back together and it works fine. I can take the new parts back.
I went to 2 dealers. One told me they would have to have their tectnition check it out before replacing and the labor to replace and inspect would be $250. The other dealer sold me the part and said that should fix the problem. $0 spent on the repair YEA!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts