Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was riding to the Lone Star rally and had my heated seat on low. Sometime during the ride I noticed my arse was on fire! I mean burning bad. I shut of the switch and stood up a bit to cool off. The next day I had blisters on my arse and inner thighs whereever my skin contacted the seat's surface (2nd degree burns) :surprise:. Some of my rain pant material stuck to the seat's surface.

Has anyone experienced this? I have the Hammock Heated Touring Seat #52000177. Sorry folks (especially SteadyEddy!), not posting pictures !

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was riding to the Lone Star rally and had my heated seat on low. Sometime during the ride I noticed my arse was on fire! I mean burning bad. I shut of the switch and stood up a bit to cool off. The next day I had blisters on my arse and inner thighs whereever my skin contacted the seat's surface (2nd degree burns) :surprise:. Some of my rain pant material stuck to the seat's surface.

Has anyone experienced this? I have the Hammock Heated Touring Seat #52000177. Sorry folks (especially SteadyEddy!), not posting pictures !
Plus, I have to explain to my Wife what happened at (going to) a Rally when she sees my arse..........

·
Registered
114 Posts
Sorry no experience with heated seats don't really need em in and round my area. Once in awhile be nice for the boss lady but she just has to deal for now.

I hope you and your burned ass enjoyed the rally while you were here. And your wife is cool with the problem. LOL

I heard we had somewhere near 750,000 bikes making the 3rd largest behind Sturgis of course and Daytona.

Hope your dealer gets you a new seat

Drifter

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Personally no, but a friend in my club was out with his wife one afternoon. They were ahead of me and I couldn't help but notice his wife squirming around like her ass was on fire:nerd: I follow them over to the side of the road and she jumps off bike and......you guessed it!
The seat went from low to bake and would not turn off! I had to lift the seat up and unplug it as he was clueless as what to do.

I ride down in the single digits and with heated jacket, gloves and boot liners, never had a need for a heated seat, especially after seeing that....

BTW, They still ride with that heated seat, except it stays unplugged

·
Registered
518 Posts

That is an obvious defect with the thermostat. Take it back to HD and demand an exchange or refund. Also, take pictures of the damage. Not trying to be funny, but that will speak volumes to a lawyer, should you decide to go that route. I have had two heated Corbins, never a problem.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've never had a problem with mine. I have the heated CVO seat which is on my 2017 RGS that is up for sale for $23,000.
I have used the heated seat while riding up in the mountains. It works great, and is very comfortable. It was a very expensive option at $1250.

·
Premium Member
3,043 Posts
I ride down in the single digits and with heated jacket, gloves and boot liners, never had a need for a heated seat, especially after seeing that....

BTW, They still ride with that heated seat, except it stays unplugged
Agreed. Of all the parts of my body that get cold when riding in the winter, my ass isn't one of them. Grips, I understand. Heated seat? I just fart a lot in my chaps and everything stays warm down there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts