Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All:

I have put lowers on my glide and now my heavy breather doesn't fit!

Was hoping to trade it for another after market breather, ventilator, RSD, etc or will sell for $225, but will hold off a bit to see if I can get a trade. It comes with all mounting hardware and rain sock.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
if you just put the lowers on, without speakers, then you can still run your heavy breather. you just have to get the short filter for it. runs about $80 from the dealer. i'm sure a bit cheaper through pcpain (jon horton) but i had dealership credit to use.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you just put the lowers on, without speakers, then you can still run your heavy breather. you just have to get the short filter for it. runs about $80 from the dealer. i'm sure a bit cheaper through pcpain (jon horton) but i had dealership credit to use.
Hey skratch, would you have the dimensions of the shorter filter? I'm sure it's probably a stock K&N filter, and most likely half the price if ordered from them!!

·
Registered
6,539 Posts
I run the HD heavy breather compact version on my bike with the lowers and it fit fine. Like mentioned before it won't work with lower fairing speakers or with lower fairing glove box doors.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
Hey skratch, would you have the dimensions of the shorter filter? I'm sure it's probably a stock K&N filter, and most likely half the price if ordered from them!!
the stock number is 28714-10.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/se-compact-touring-high-flo-k-n-air-filter-element

the base diameter is the same as the 'big one', but it is only 4-1/2'' long. if k&n did sell the filter, it wouldn't come with the screamin eagle badge on the end like the hd one does.....

like i mentioned before, check with jon at hornytoad hd for the best price.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the stock number is 28714-10.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store/se-compact-touring-high-flo-k-n-air-filter-element

the base diameter is the same as the 'big one', but it is only 4-1/2'' long. if k&n did sell the filter, it wouldn't come with the screamin eagle badge on the end like the hd one does.....

like i mentioned before, check with jon at hornytoad hd for the best price.
Thanks skratch, unfortunately I live in Canada, so even if Jon could get me a good deal, the shipping costs would negate any savings. As for the SE badge on the front, if it's right up against the lower, who's going to see it anyway?? lol

I think I'll just leave it up for sale or trade for a bit and see what comes along, thanks for all the input, what a great site this is!!!

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is still available for sale or trade, anyone out there?? Lol

·
Registered
121 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the delay in responding to PM's A family emergency kept me away for a few days. Replying to PM's in order they were received.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts