Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a noticable performance difference between the 2? I currently have the heavy breather but am thinking about the Ventilator due to wanting to run lowers.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
You're not going to see or feel any increased performance from one stage 1 A/C to the next. No matter the manufacturer or design. The difference if any will me very small. IMHO the heavy breather type of intake looks ridiculous. Basically the only difference is "looks".

·
Registered
852 Posts
Had the Factory Heavy breather on my 2013 CVO RGC. When tuning the bike at Ed's Dyno Difference after installing the TC-24 cams he did a comparison of my heavy breather and a Zippers setup he had. the Zippers made a 4-5 HP gain from 5000 to 6200 RPM and virtually no difference below 4800 RPM

That difference dropped down to 2-3 HP with the pretty black metal cover off the Heavy breather

On a 103 requiring a little less air...who knows???

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Is there a noticable performance difference between the 2? I currently have the heavy breather but am thinking about the Ventilator due to wanting to run lowers.

Thanks
if you want to run lowers, the cheaper route is to buy the compact filter. it runs about $80 and will allow you to run lowers. it is tight, but there is about 1/4'' of clearance. now, if you want to run speakers in your lowers, then you'll definitely need to change air cleaners

·
Registered
365 Posts
A friend has same bike FLTRXS , motor 120ST, clutch Bandit Sportsman, exhaust D&D Boarzilla and same tuner PowerVision and same Tunees J&B Perfomance, He has ventilator and I have the Heavy Breather Elite Premium only differnece besides year 2015 vs 2016. his 125hp 135tq mine 128hp 141tq. I also have 30t trike prmary gear but am told that will not affect dyno #s Oh and I have wrapped baffle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts