Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning a short day ride tomorrow to the Height of Land up by Rangley Maine with a short side trip to Mooselookmeguntic (because my wife wants a sweatshirt with the name on it). Question I have is about the condition of Bald Mountain and Bemis Roads. Are they both paved etc? And what is the “TEN DEGREE” marked on the map?

·
Registered
350 Posts
i haven't been up there this year but i heard it was new pavement on the hight of the land side. that 10% i'm pretty sure is the grade of the road up and down the hills. nice ride but be on the lookout for moose!!! we did up 26 to bethel down 2 to gilliad, over 113? to fryburg and back down 302 ,beautiful ride and foliage was awesome!!! let me know how it went!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will certain post something - thanks for the info. Any input on the town of Mooselookmeguntic?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Will certain post something - thanks for the info. Any input on the town of Mooselookmeguntic?
Hi, that is the lake, if you take 17 you will see the lake on the left at the lookout. Down to Ocuossoc tha has some shops for a T shirt. It is all paved on 17 and beutiful. Have a great time, I live real close and wish I wasn't working to ride with you. :(

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, that is the lake, if you take 17 you will see the lake on the left at the lookout. Down to Ocuossoc tha has some shops for a T shirt. It is all paved on 17 and beutiful. Have a great time, I live real close and wish I wasn't working to ride with you. :(
Hiya GMAN - Thanks for the info - was hoping you'd hop on - sorry too hear you have to work. Will be going thru Rumford or Mexico on the way home.

Next time I'll plan it a bit more in advance and on a weekend. Tiil then

·
Registered
350 Posts
i want in too!! you're gonna drive right by my worK! lee automall in auburn rt 4! with a little notice i could have made it! letts keep in touch!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Will do Burnah

Great ride today - although I wouldn't recommend going up to Mooselookmeguntic Lake via South Arm Road and Bald Mountain Road. I had about 15 miles of unpaved - rough road (20-25 MPH) with little scenic view. When I got back on the pavement I found The Tall Tales Tavern and had a great Swordfish snadwich and a couple of Ice Teas for lunch. The views from Height of Land and several other pull offs along 17 are really beautiful. Colors were not fully developed I don't think - but a great day - GMan - Burnah next good weather weekend OK??

·
Registered
350 Posts
hope we get one this year!

Will do Burnah

Great ride today - although I wouldn't recommend going up to Mooselookmeguntic Lake via South Arm Road and Bald Mountain Road. I had about 15 miles of unpaved - rough road (20-25 MPH) with little scenic view. When I got back on the pavement I found The Tall Tales Tavern and had a great Swordfish snadwich and a couple of Ice Teas for lunch. The views from Height of Land and several other pull offs along 17 are really beautiful. Colors were not fully developed I don't think - but a great day - GMan - Burnah next good weather weekend OK??

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hey Ron how is the sundowner working out for you?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Will do Burnah

Ok!! Looking forward to GTG a ride, any time. Some weekends I sped it in Ellswoth by BaHarba and cadilac Mnt. Other good area to ride.just let me knew.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts