Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not that it's an item often seen for sale but I'm probably gonna bite the bullet and give them a try sometime before spring. If anybody happens to have a set for sale send me a PM.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Nice bar - have seen them up at Laconia but they are very pricey! I don't know how the wires would be run to allow all the adjustments the bars can provide without weakening the connections put perhaps they have that all worked out.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with you on that. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the external wiring but they've been around a long time and I haven't read of any issues.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I agree with you on that. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the external wiring but they've been around a long time and I haven't read of any issues.
I've had mine for several years, so has the wife on her bike. Best bars I have ever had, wiring is external with 0 problems. I'm a comfort over looks guy anyway. I do get a lot of compliments on the bars

·
Registered
498 Posts
Sunday I ride over to Daytona and picked up a set for my wife's Street Glide. I wasn't too keen on all external wiring, but the black bars will hide it pretty good. I notice that 2 of the "Ride like a Pro" instructors at Destination Daytona was using Helibars.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Besides the price (ouch) the external wiring is my concern also. I intended on using chrome bars.

·
Registered
498 Posts
A friend that joined us in Daytona had them installed on his 14 Ultra Classic. He told us these bars made a huge difference in slow maneuvering/control, and arm and shoulder fatigue is now gone. They are expensive, but so far he thinks they are worth every penny. I'm just waiting for my wife's verdict before I think about a set for my CVORGU (these frick'n bars are about to kill me).

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish they attended shows in Atlanta also. Maybe I'll flag 'em down on the way back north :)

·
Registered
992 Posts
I have the Horizon Helibars and I absolutely love them. Granted... spendy, but I wouldn't trade them for any other bar. :)

·
Registered
462 Posts
Was at the dealer picking up my bike and noticed this RG with Helibars in the lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Found a used set on here and bought them yesterday. Looking forward to trying them out.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Update

A few days after getting the bars installed I took it on a 500 mile twisties/camping trip in North Georgia. I adjusted them prior to the trip but didn't mess with them once I was there as I figured that wasn't the time to be trying to fine-tune them. In short, I love these things. I'm still having a little numbness (arthritis and carpal tunnel) at this point but nothing close to what I was having. Definitely money well spent (and I love the look, even with the external wiring).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts