Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I'm not that new to the forum, I've been lurking for quite a while but I've never really posted anything. I love riding motorcycles and I absolutely LOVE my road glide! One of the best purchases I have made. I thought I found a site here with people that shared my passion for road glides and riding too! Don't know if it was just bad luck, but tonight that seemed to have been proved wrong. I logged on to read about people riding and enjoying their rides but instead I read a lot of negativity and hate towards people. I don't care to read about people wanting to physically harm others. When I'm on my road glide with my fists in the wind, all my troubles vanish. It's a pretty awesome feeling! I am very happy with how my bike is shaping up. So I think I'll stick with that great feeling and avoid the hatred and negativity from this forum. Best wishes to all, and be safe out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
273 Posts
I hate to hear that you've had a negative experience here. I am a moderator and administrator on a couple of other forums and have to say that I have seen nothing but solidarity and a great membership about this forum. I would enjoy moderating on a forum such as this one simply due to the minimal number of issues that I have observed. The interactions I have observed in my short membership here have been positive and helpful in almost every manner. I have yet to see a true argument or hateful post.

I can't help but wonder if the "people wanting to physically harm others" reference is in regards to the thread by the member who was riding beside his daughter when he turned back and found that she had been struck by a drunk driver.

I don't think there was anything to the responses in that thread other than venting of emotions that would be felt for those finding themselves in the same situation.

Either way, I hope you reevaluate leaving the forum or maybe help the staff and or administration address the issues you feel are wrong. If you elect to go, I hope you find a forum consisting of the environment you desire.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Hello all! I'm not that new to the forum, I've been lurking for quite a while but I've never really posted anything. I love riding motorcycles and I absolutely LOVE my road glide! One of the best purchases I have made. I thought I found a site here with people that shared my passion for road glides and riding too! Don't know if it was just bad luck, but tonight that seemed to have been proved wrong. I logged on to read about people riding and enjoying their rides but instead I read a lot of negativity and hate towards people. I don't care to read about people wanting to physically harm others. When I'm on my road glide with my fists in the wind, all my troubles vanish. It's a pretty awesome feeling! I am very happy with how my bike is shaping up. So I think I'll stick with that great feeling and avoid the hatred and negativity from this forum. Best wishes to all, and be safe out there.
??????????? What?

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
?? :confused:
Maybe I'm missing something, I've never seen any hatred. Once in a while you'll see some minor bickering and disagreements at most, there might be some joking around/ ball busting in good fun between friends that maybe someone could mistake for being serious.
I can go on and on about how positive and supportive members of this great this forum are,
I'm bummed I couldn't make it to sharkweek to meet more members.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I would think some sort of example would have been put forth to explain just what the OP is referring to??

I've seen a few posts here in the past that got a little edgy (Think every shock post ever!!LOL!!), but hey, that happens everywhere that passionate, knowledgeable people gather, over all I think the Mods here do a great job of ensuring a fun and friendly place to hang out!!

I would certainly like to know just what the OP has problems with?

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
No Time To Hate! Welcome to the friendliest forum you will find! Stick around, don't let a couple of bad apples ruin your experience here. Simply move on from those threads. We have grown rapidly as the popularity of the Road Glide increases. However, many of us have been here for years when it was a much smaller group, and still enjoy the camaraderie that brought us all here in the first place, the love of Road Glides.

PS- Nice Glide!

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Nice bike, I have been fortunate to be a member for a bit and have enjoyed interacting with other members. I have had great information provided to my questions and have been able to make suggestions a few times. If you decide to stay, we look forward to your input.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
^"So I think I'll stick with that great feeling and avoid the hatred and negativity from this forum"?

Yet again another post which is learnt from, how we all have choices towards our values and response in comparison to ourselves and how others view.

Even when one of the infamous "flip/flopped" on this site:D, closes to a 3 step fight, I respect (still) his stance, riding/knowledge and choices. And am glad that ROADGLIDES are the base of his wealth of knowledge. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
Roadglide.org has always been a very passionate community. It's the nature of our motorcycle :)

For a long time the roadglide was barely considered a motorcycle. It's always been considered the ugliest
Of motorcycles.

Anyway, this communities' passion is always strong and sometimes overflows. This is not hatred, it's strong Opinions that sometime overflow. We are sorry for any offense.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Howdy Matty. I use to log miles on the ST 11 and 1300's and was a member on one of their main sites for ever. Its all the same. Its not church, but its like another gent up top mentioned, If you perceive it as you do... then we can't change your mind.

Hell, I have my own issues and had some members lock me one once or twice. They kind of smacked me on the ass and called me Sally, then told me to shut the hell up. Afterwards they answered my questions when I had some issues. Everyone has an opinion and being open to it, while reading through the "text" is the hard part, if you're a sensitive type of individual.
Great riders with a wealth of knowledge and kinship.

Either way brother man, ride safe and enjoy your Glide.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I really am sensitive, I'm going to cry, because someone called me a name (or didn't agree with my opinion, or didn't like the same things I do, or has a different sense of humor... fill in the blank...) on an internet forum:(

·
Registered
2011 RGU
2,454 Posts
Is this guy trolling us? I'm confused.
I was wondering the same thing. If I walk into an establishment, or read a book/article/internet site, or watch a movie or show, and I don't like it then "poof" I'm gone. Now if it's something that I have been doing for a while, or have to do and there is a change or problem then I will address it. Very strange post. Almost like when your toddler wants attention and makes a scene to get it.

·
Registered
380 Posts
WOW! I'm surprised at the comment of so much negativity. I've had some differences with a few forum members. Hell, I've even been called a "douche nozzle" by one. (I'm sure they guy who called me that is now laughing hysterically.- I don't blame him, I would be.) However, I don't take things too personally, and the wealth of information on this forum is endless.

I am telling the truth, when I say everyone on this forum loves to have their knee's in the breeze, and share your same passion for riding. It would be a shame for you to leave and miss out on all if the valuable information that can be obtained on this forum.

Sorry you feel the way you do.:(

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
A true 2 in 1 post. First and last. :confused: Much of what I feel has already been said, so I think I will just stick around here a bit longer and meet more people as I can. The PA Meet and Greets are a hoot with great people. I doubt that this was anything more than a troll, but it reminded me why I like this forum and the people on it, although I don't post too much. Glide on peeps!

·
Registered
7,018 Posts
You get offended by one thread and decide to make it your first and last post after 3-years?

Get Lost!

Now you have a reason to be offended. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.