Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So late Christmas present to myself, I just bought a Superior Blue Road Glide Special. This is my third Harley. Past bikes were an 07 Wide Glide and a 09 Street Bob. Thus, my entry into the Harley Touring world.

I couldn't help myself, so I got a few upgrades. Built a passenger backrest, rider backrest, new grips, highway pegs with matching foot pegs. Also ordered a set of CFR slipons which should be in next week. The driver was two hours from the warehouse where my bike sits, so rather than pick it up after dark tonight, I decided to wait until tomorrow to pick her up.

Looking forward to that ride home (I will make sure that I go the long way) and will post pics in the morning. I am a long time poster on that other Harley forum, but can't wait to start my journey on RoadGlide.org.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Hello and welcome from the Twin Cities. Congrats on your Christmas gift. Sound like your on your way with the mods. Enjoy your new glide and ride safe.

·
Administrator
12,657 Posts
Welcome from Florida. Since you're in TX, you should look into SW5 in June. I'm sure someone will post the link while welcoming you, hint hint......... :D

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
Welcome from Florida. Since you're in TX, you should look into SW5 in June. I'm sure someone will post the link while welcoming you, hint hint......... :D
dbell I was hoping you would take the ball and run with it but since you did not here goes........ :D

Welcome to the Tank from Texas. Be sure to check out the thread about the Annual Road Glide Gathering to be held in Kerrville TX in June 2015.

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=168026

·
Registered
285 Posts
Welcome from another fellow Texan , Luling to b exact.
U will love this place lots of informative material .:D

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
Welcome, from New York, to The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
Mike U.

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your new ride

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Welcome from Kingwood, Tx (N Houston). What part of Tx u from?
I am in McKinney (Dallas suburb). I coach girls lacrosse and we play Kingwood twice a year as you guys travel up here for our Halloween and Thanksgiving tournaments. Wife is from Houston too.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. Going to pick up the bike in a couple of hours. About 40 degrees outside. Should be fun.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts