Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I am new here but not new to Roadglides.
I remember seeing a Harley ad in a magazine back in the 90's and remarking that RG's were so damned ugly! A few years later I blew up the engine in my Roadking and needed a replacement bike fast. There sat a new 02 silver Roadglide so I took it for a test ride. I was instantly in love and I have owned 4 more since.
My newest RG is an 08 anniversary model and I also have done up an NRS Vrod in RG trim as well. I am currently considering a 15 or maybe newer Roadglide to add to the herd. Ride safe!

·
Registered
7,392 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
337 Posts
Welcome from Maryland:cool:

·
Administrator
12,657 Posts
Welcome from Florida. Check out SW5, it's going to be in Kerryville in June, good chance to meet a lot of the members here on the forum.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
welcome to the tank. make sure you read the new members section so you stay out of trouble. great site, good people and a plethora of ideas. Hope you brought your wallet, you're gonna need it! a lot of the mods you'll see on the site will have you parting with your cash if you're not careful!

·
Life Member
5,434 Posts
JONAS,

Good to have you on board. Like dbell said we are having our annual Road Glide gathering (Shark Week) in Kerrville, TX this year and you should consider coming. If you are interested in meeting some really great folks and checking out a bunch of Roadies in one place click on the attached link to see the details.

Click here for SWV info: http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=168026

·
Registered
8,791 Posts
Welcome, from New York, to The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
Mike U.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Welcome to the tank from just down the road, Luling.:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Wow, looks like there is a Roadglide gathering right here where I live in June. I plan to be at the ROT rally in Austin the weekend before but I will be back in Kerrville the following week. I work a lot so not sure about the daytime stuff but maybe I can take a day off or at least check it out one evening or something.
There are plenty of hotels in the area. Most of the places to stay are near I-10 and Hwy 16 on the north side. "Inn of the Hills" and the "Y.O. Ranch" are both good and have their own bars and restaurants. There is a pretty cool little bar called "Nautilus" located right next door to the "Best Western" and across from the "Super 8".
I could also let you know where not to go but I won't as per the forum rules. Yes, I read them.
There is LOTS of good riding around here, especially out towards Medina, Vanderpool, Leakey, etc. Be sure to ride the 3 sisters and stop for a beer in Leakey. Be warned that these are dangerous roads for novice riders and I don't recommend riding out there at night. Lots of curves and critters.
There are 3 independent bike shops in Kerrville and 1 in Ingram. I live just south of town out on Hwy 16 headed towards Medina. I also have a garage (at my house) and a hand operated tire machine should anyone have an emergency breakdown or flat.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts