Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im gonna jump right outta the gate with a quick question for all shark owners who have experienced way too much wind noise after 45 mph. I have so much that i cannot hear my upgraded 4 speaker boom audio at almost full volume. Have you tried klock werks sport windshield and if so did it solve the wind/noise problem?------ps. If i get by this one and only issue i dont think i will ever go back to a batwing fairing model again as i totally love everything about the road glide. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Amazing that people who ride motorcycles think that wind is a problem.

LRS 13" mako here - plus lowers make a difference as well.

Welcome and ride safe.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe calling that a problem was a little harsh. Lol---let me rephrase that to " if i can make the proper adjustment by adding yet another different windshield so i can redirect the gail force winds that are hitting me smack dab in the eardrums after 45 mph once and for all" lol..its all good! Thanks for the welcome!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories
heres a pic or 2 of my 15 with stock shield i really hate to put a light tinted klockwerks on here but i think i have to try it

Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Do you still have the stock postage stamp size windshield,if so ,look into a madstad if you dont mind the looks everyone who has one swears by them,i have a ten inch Klockworks its much better than the stock,still get some buffeting above 60 mph,welcome to what will end up being the single most expensive forum you will ever belong to.:eek:

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I have tried the 12" Klock Werks, but just did not like the shield for wind management and the distortion in the curves (just my opinion for what I was looking for). I now have a 12" WindVest, 5' 11" and hard of hearing. I have an AMP and just the upper fairing speakers and can hear the radio at highway speeds. I just added lowers and that does seem to help even more and helps in the wind management. Good luck in your choice of shields.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Maybe calling that a problem was a little harsh. Lol---let me rephrase that to " if i can make the proper adjustment by adding yet another different windshield so i can redirect the gail force winds that are hitting me smack dab in the eardrums after 45 mph once and for all" lol..its all good! Thanks for the welcome!
Just yankin yer chain! :) Head over to the Windhsheild forum, plenty of discussion there. Especially for people who ride 2-up, a Madstad seems to be the consensus winner.

Its a look that can best be described as an acquired taste, but heck, we all ride Fuglies, so we're all into "alternative beauty" anyway. :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Welcome! And +1 on the "alternative beauty" !!! Love my Madstad and get tons of compliments on it from folks that don't already know what it is. No more beating on the ears! Vehicle Glass Windshield Auto part Tire

·
Super Moderator
13,060 Posts
Welcome from Florida. I don't have a 15, but I do have a few windshields. Personally I like the wind, but I also have a little $$$ invested in my sounds. Klock works is not the best for blocking wind, I have the same size LRS as Klock works, the LRS is much more effective. This summer I may break down and get a Madstad, about the only bad thing I hear about them has to do with the way they look, and IMHO they actually look better in person than in pictures.

·
Registered
9,591 Posts
Welcome from Ga. Madstad for ultimate protection, or Wind vest if you dont like the looks of the Stad.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Welcome from Fort Mill, SC.

·
Registered
6,459 Posts
Welcome from Maryland. Lowers, GADS, under fairing deflectors, and/or a good shield. All four of these items work well. You don't need all, but you might need to play with it to find what works for you.

·
Super Moderator
10,279 Posts
Welcome, from New York, to The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
I've tried quite a few windshields before finally deciding to go with the Madstad and all's I can say,"It's the best windshield for the Roadglide".
I can hear my tunes loud and clear at 80+ MPH and no wind buffeting.
I don't even have to turn the tunes all the way up either.
Best of Luck on your decision.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2012 RGU vivid black
1,595 Posts
I understand what your talking about and know your not bitching about the wind and you need something to block it to be able to hear your radio. LRS has one of these best shields on the market IMO. I'm 6.1 and run a 12 inch dark mako and can hear my stereo pretty good. You just missed out on a 50% off sell. You you friend them on FB or set up to get alerts they run deals all the time. Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motorcycle accessories

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Madstad hmmmmm. After checking it out online ,ur right! Its kinda ugly. Tried out the klockwerks today in 19 degree weather. It really helped a lot but i think it could be just a bit better. Thanks for the heads up on the madstad as i have never heard of it before. I would love to try one out

1 - 20 of 27 Posts