Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all, I joined this forum after reading many of the posts.

I own an 09 Ultra Sport ( my name for my Ultra without it's tour pac.) I love the bike but have been interested in the Road Glide line. It has 42k on the odometer.

I've logged over 100K miles in my life but in 2014 only did 9K. I did though ride the entire Blue Ridge Parkway and ended up in Cherokee N.C. for some riding in the Smokies, one of my favorite areas. 1700 miles in 7 days which isn't hard riding for most. Was out in Sturgis this year for about the 9th time.

In 2013, I road out to Colorado for a total trip of 5K miles in 13 days with 2k within Co. Did the Pikes Peak Hog 5n1 ride and then stayed awhile. Terrific week of riding.

Do all my own maintenance and most of my own repairs, except tire changes. For example, I've taken off the front end to chrome out the forks and just recently took the forks off again to install the Progressive springs which didn't turn well so put it back to stock. My service manual is well used.

well, anyhow, I've introduced myself. Hello!

·
Administrator
12,659 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
Welcome from Ohio.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Welcome! I have a 2013 Ultra with a Kingchop tour pack. (King tour pack with chopped backrest pad) I too have learned to do the majority of my own work - some by doing it right the first time, and some by doing it wrong and learning how to fix it.

·
Registered
7,395 Posts
Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
285 Posts
Welcome from Texas.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Welcome from Central Mass. I'm impressed!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Welcome from NH

1 - 20 of 31 Posts