Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One way or another I'm installing lower fairings on my 06 Glide. Has anyone have any history with the Hells Foundry Adjustable Fairing Mount? Looks like a good way to give me the clearance that I need.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I want do this to my 06 too ! The brackets from Harley (all 3) don't cost much. Under $170 I think? And if you talk to PC pain (Jon @ Horney toad)You could get them even cheaper ! I have a set of Road Glide non vented lowers But honestly it gets way too hot !!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was looking at that way also. I discussed it with the manager at my local harley shop today and we both had the same belief, that because the Glides frame changed in09 and the fact that the change also changed the neck configuration. most likely the mounts would not match up. with the adjustable one it would be more of a sure bet that i would not be taking the faring apart for nothing. Have you changed yours out yet?

·
Registered
89 Posts
No not yet, BUT if you look at other posts on the subject seems allot of people have done this ! Some will say you don't really need to raise the fairing for vented lowers. For me I allso like the forward tilt of the 10 up braket Be careful of what the dealers tell you Their not trying to rip you off They really just don't know ! BUT keep reserching it !

·
Registered
992 Posts
I'm sure you realize this, but they make lower fairings that fit the pre-2010 bikes... You can buy them on ebay for $300 including speaker pods if you like, or they're like $200 without.

If you are dead set on installing "vented" lowers, then go ahead and buy the brackets for the 2010 and later Road Glides... They fit just fine. Its been done several times.

Like I said, you probably know all that, but I simply wanted to make sure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-DAVIDSON-FLTR-ROAD-GLIDE-NON-VENTED-LOWER-LEG-FAIRINGS-VIVID-BLACK-H-D-/251436305136?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a8ac58af0&vxp=mtr

1 - 5 of 5 Posts