Road Glide banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched the appropriate threads and while this question has been asked, no one has answered. Thought I'd give it another go.

I eliminated the fairing support and am using Hell's foundry support brackets and I also have a Buky 1.5" engine guard. I missed having the plastic HD wind blockers so the other day, attached the blockers using zip ties to the bar (because of the difference in bar size, they won't clip on) and cut slits in the blockers so that they could fit thru the Hell's Foundry supports and attach to the bike (if you can picture that)?

Took it for a run last night - wow, super loud wind noise from the front of the bike at 60-75 mph but it did cut down on the dirty air. Wind noise too severe to enjoy ride.

Any other options you guys might have up your sleeve other than removing the wind blockers? BTW, I also have the inner fairing support which alone, did not do the trick. Needed the added support of the HF hidden brackets.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Those clip on air deflectors IMO were worthless and went into the trash. I put the dog dish style fork baffle on mine and it did a much better job at reducing dirty air.

My best advice is the ugly ass Madstad. Don't worry the look will grow on you.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks .... I already have the "ugly ass" Madstad and agree, does a helluva job. Will try either the dog dish or the GADS and see what's up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts