Road Glide banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couldn’t find that thread on auto brake lights on deceleration but here’s another option. This would be better IMO because you would have decel light on helmet and actual brake lights on bike.

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,574 Posts
Every fashion has its faults. That light is a hard no for this dude that puts vanity down near the bottom of the list when it comes to riding.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don’t want it either just thought it was interesting. I can see it being annoying and misleading in traffic.

·
Registered
265 Posts
It just so happens that I’m helping engineer a solution that works a little better. It’s a very sleek piece that fits on the back of the helmet. It’s actually lit on the edges of the clear lens so that the whole thing lights up from there. And then it can have logos etched in it, etc. we are using multi color leds so we can actually change the colors. The whole thing is controlled by a Bluetooth module that connects to the bike so that it’s completely synced up. Our first market is actually LEOs as we have it connected to their strobes as well so it flashes red and blue. So when the motor officer is off the bike, he still flashes. We actually have the same thing working on the piping of a jacket with glow rods.

Trying to get the funds together to get the prototypes really assembled right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,733 Posts
Basically if you nod your head the light will flash since it detects acceleration and deceleration forces. If that is the case I would think that it could be a little dangerous. I think the idea for the light is there but it's a no go for me

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
If I was riding heavy urban city type traffic all the time I’d think about something like this. I’ve been through NYC and Atlanta a few times - and try hard to avoid them. High speed with heavy traffic and cars lane hopping keeps me on HIGH alert. In fact if I had to do much of that the bike would stay at home.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Basically if you nod your head the light will flash since it detects acceleration and deceleration forces. If that is the case I would think that it could be a little dangerous. I think the idea for the light is there but it's a no go for me
And if I’m bangin my head to Slayer it’s gonna be like a strobe light LOL

·
Registered
938 Posts
So when the motor officer is off the bike, he still flashes.
OMFG I can't stop laughing ... That sounds like something from an 80's movie that Mel Brooks would do.

I'd get pulled over intentionally, just to see if the poor bastard could keep a straight face knowing he had a freakin Christmas tree on his head...

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I am all for new safety measures that helps keep me safe.

But for this I will pass.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts