Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got the mental debate of which helmet to bring on my Sturgis trip this summer. I enjoy the peace, solitude, comfort, and Bluetooth of my modular but keep worrying about the heat and weight for an extended trip. Thoughts?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Take both you need the full face for the weather unless you like your face taking a beating. Or go without a helmet in Sturgis most do.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Take two lids I do if the weather is going to be up and down.
Nice to have a full face for windy rainy hwy rides.
Even better to have a beanie for those fry an egg on the pavement days.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Sounds to me you already prefer teh Modular. I'd wear it & take a second helmet just in case you wanna swap out for a gas stop or 2......

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Ok, if you do not know about my helmet, you must be new here.

It goes everywhere with me. I usually leave the visor up, unless it is raining or REALLY cold. No other lids, just ole' yeller on the dome.

·
Super Moderator
10,257 Posts
I'm wit' ONG here 'cept mine is black

shield up or like today chinbar up

I love this modular so much , I wore the 3/4 the other day when it was nice out , came home and pitched it in the corner

JtB

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
I'm wit' ONG here 'cept mine is black

shield up or like today chinbar up

I love this modular so much , I wore the 3/4 the other day when it was nice out , came home and pitched it in the corner

JtB
Jack, that's the Nolan 104 you're talking about? Been looking at some retro 3/4 but haven't ruled out the modular. Got the big head syndrome and have problems with 2XL fitting. FF and Modular are even tighter. Would you say it runs large or true to size?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Jack, that's the Nolan 104 you're talking about? Been looking at some retro 3/4 but haven't ruled out the modular. Got the big head syndrome and have problems with 2XL fitting. FF and Modular are even tighter. Would you say it runs large or true to size?
Yeah +1...the modular that fits my melon is against my chin when closed and thats not only uncomfortable but wouldn't be real good in a crash. I do like the mods though, wish I could find one to fit. I have a 3/4 I really like. Shield comes all the down to the bottom of my chin when closed and has the pull down sunshade too.

But I digress. In answer to your question sounds like you should take two!

·
Super Moderator
10,257 Posts
yep thats the N104 , and yep the chinbar is close

I measured 24" exactly and that is the lower end of their XL , first few weeks the cheek pads were tighter than you know what , but now it fits great

so for me , the fit is right on

JtB

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
yep thats the N104 , and yep the chinbar is close

I measured 24" exactly and that is the lower end of their XL , first few weeks the cheek pads were tighter than you know what , but now it fits great

so for me , the fit is right on

JtB
Hmm, I measure 24.5, a 2X or 3XL oughta fit then. Good to know, thx.

·
Super Moderator
10,257 Posts
their size chart is

24 XL

24 7/8 XXL

revzilla is 329.95 , and they have a free return if you dont ride with it on , they recommend wearing it around the house for a while

JtB

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
their size chart is

24 XL

24 7/8 XXL

revzilla is 329.95 , and they have a free return if you dont ride with it on , they recommend wearing it around the house for a while

JtB
Thx, Jack, Revzilla is the way I'd go if I picked that helmet.

Here's one I'm keeping my eye on too. Similar to the Shark where the chin bar goes all the way over.

http://ls2helmets.us/_live/products/modular-helmets/89-products/modular/104-ff393-convert

http://ls2helmets.us/_live/products/half-helmets/90-products/half/107-hh566

·
Registered
432 Posts
My wife and I went to Sturgis for the first time last year. She did not want to wear a heavy helmet if it was going to be hot. So, before we left Mass. we went to the local shops so she could find the proper light weight beanie to wear. I always wear the half helmet. When we arrived in Sturgis, we left the helmets in the hotel room for the week.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
7,721 Posts
Ok, if you do not know about my helmet, you must be new here.

It goes everywhere with me. I usually leave the visor up, unless it is raining or REALLY cold. No other lids, just ole' yeller on the dome.
+1 on that. Leaving the shield up allows for the wind to catch it and in turn it takes some of the weight off your neck and shoulders. I have a lot of arthritis in my neck and the shield up allows me to wear a FF in total comfort.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts