Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had the Engine guard Locks before. They work well ... bit of an eye sore but functional.

Has anyone tried to locate something like what's on the Hondas etc???

Something like these maybe... from Amazon.ca ... $6 each

I was thinking of putting 2 under the rear trunk of the Ultra.

??

·
Registered
306 Posts
I've used the kuryakan kewllock... Worked well enough on my last bike.

·
Registered
7,192 Posts
Suggest you look on the internet, maybe with (ebay/amazon) and you should be able to come up with many choices. I did that and found a good lock for a few dollars and it has worked well. I use it when doing day rides, leaving the bike to eat, site see ect, no room in the saddle bags. The lock keeps someone looking for an easy grab from doing so.

·
Registered
212 Posts
^^^^^ What he said!

Tourpak would be first choice. If no can do, a gun cable lock works great for a full face lid!!

YB

Reactions: sethc1020

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.

I forgot to mention I don't want to go the cable route or use Carabiners.

The tough part (of late) is waiting for stuff from Amazon. It seems more and more of their stuff is coming from china and I think being re-routed from AliExpress.

I did order 2 of the locks I posted as a trial... but delivery is not expected until October??

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've used a gun luck and hung my helmet on the highway pegs. Locked it to the engine guard for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
988 Posts
When I wear my half helmet I either toss it in the tour pak or just leave it on the seat. If someone wants it they can have it. To me, if you steal a helmet that doesn't have a washable interior, it's the equivalent of stealing a used pair of a strangers sweaty socks.
Lately I've been wearing a FF Icon helmet, and it won't fit in the tour pak, so I'm going to have to figure something out to secure it to the bike. I figure that the more expensive the helmet is, the more likely it'll walk away from the bike.
Lil Chief

Reactions: Quick2

·
Registered
438 Posts
Reactions: 13FLTRX

·
Registered
422 Posts
I use a regular Master lock through the front rotor, this ends up doubling as a rotor lock. I don't forget the rotor lock because I need my helmet and vice versa.

I actually use a disc lock but that works just as well. When I'm not using a tour pack or can't fit it in the bags.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts