Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Came up with, what I thought, a slick way to store helmet on bike. This time of year rain and sand storms pop up without notice around here. So being a non helmet mandatory state, I prefer to ride without one most of the time. But a helmet sure is nice when rain and blowing sand become a factor. I have been doing this for quite awhile without the quick release buckle. But the use of the buckle makes it much easier because you don't have to adjust the strap every time to fit the luggage rack tightly. Simple and secure, the helmet mounts quickly and when adjusted properly locks into position without slipping or fear of falling off.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I am in no way judging your life choice, but I have seen photos after the crash showing the helmet strapped to the bike, and find those to be comical.

I wear a FF when traveling, but usually carry a half helmet for a break when at my destination. My wife questioned it once because she thought maybe I might pick up a passenger. I reminded her that I was going to a non helmet state and didn't need another helmet to pick up a passenger. >:)

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am in no way judging your life choice, but I have seen photos after the crash showing the helmet strapped to the bike, and find those to be comical.

I wear a FF when traveling, but usually carry a half helmet for a break when at my destination. My wife questioned it once because she thought maybe I might pick up a passenger. I reminded her that I was going to a non helmet state and didn't need another helmet to pick up a passenger. >:)
I hear ya. I have also seen numerous dead riders wearing a helmet. And even more brutally crippled and survive in misery because the helmet saved their "life". If its my time, its my time. No matter what I am wearing. Didn't mean for this to turn into a moral helmet debate...

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
Interesting that this just happens to pop up again about wearing helmets as I just had a discussion with a FL motorcycle safety guy here in FL and he had some enlightening information that I was unaware of and I think it's worth mentioning here so others can look into it for their state. FL has a no helmet Law no matter what age. What most people don't know is, in order to legally ride without a helmet you must carry a certain amount of health insurance. (I forget exactly what the amount is but I will be looking it up) However, most health insurance policies state right in the policy that they will not pay out if you are involved in a motorcycle accident and not wearing proper PPE. If that is the case with your health insurance policy that means that you legally can not ride without a helmet. With that said it doesn't mean the cops are going check your health insurance policy just to write you a ticket but, if you want your health insurance to pay you or your family it might be better to wear one. The guy told me that he has a close friend that is stuck with $1.3 million in medical cost because his insurance refused to pay. I always wear a helmet and I too believe that it is one's own choice but it seems as though it may not be as optional as we thought.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
I liked the quick release bucket on my old helmet, but it layed at my jaw line, which I did not like. I do not have one on either of my new helmets. Around my home state I wear a 1/2 helmet, on trips I wear an open face 3/4 and bring along my 1/2 helmet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts