Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When you wear a helmet and bald, do you wear a doo-rag? If not, any paticular reason?
Thanks for any input

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I don't wear a doorag in my helmet. The helmet is snug and the liner is removable and cleanable. I wear a doorag when I don't wear the helmet so I don't get sun burn.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I mostly wear a full face now day's with no doorag. No particular reason, I just don't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Ya. No rag here. Wear a modular helmet. I'm not a doo rag guy. I wear ball caps.

Reactions: Homer93

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
FF & no doo rag & I'm bald. I did try a doo rag & IMHO it didn't make that much difference.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
All, thanks for the input. I just got a modular helmet and trying it without a doo-rag as it just fits different from my open face helmet.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
When you wear a helmet and bald, do you wear a doo-rag? If not, any paticular reason?
Thanks for any input
I wear a skull cap under my modular or 1/2 helmet. It helps with sweat on hot days.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
With my FF I do not wear anything on my head. With my half helmet I use a buff, but just because my half was purchased when I had a full head of hair, so it fit better. When I shaved my head it was a little loose, so the buff/doorag helps it not move around as much in the wind. For the record, I feel like a complete idiot wearing the rag on its own (which I do not do). Some guys can pull it off, but not me.

Reactions: RFG7680

·
Registered
169 Posts
Bald, 3/4 open face, always a bandana, I keep an extra to swap out when its soaked. I live in Florida so unless its during our 6 days of winter its always hot inside my helmet.

when it is cold I use a thin beanie for warmth.

·
Registered
893 Posts
I like to wear a "HeadSweat" under any of my helmets (1/2, 3/4, Modular) It absorbs the sweat from my bald spot and cools my noggin.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All, thanks for the input.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for any input
My name is Steve and I'm bald. Even with modular helmet and removable/washable liner, I wear a bandana tied with a knot in back, at least for day-long rides. It's a lot easier to wash in the hotel sink and dries by morning. On multiple day-long rides, I carry a small bottle of Febreze to keep the liner fresh.

I've tried a number of do-rags over the years and prefer the simple, thinner bandanas that you can buy at any truckstop or drug store.

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
Not bald, but close cropped. In hot weather I wear a rag under my lid. Just because it's easy to wash the rag, as opposed to the lid liner.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I wear one of those spandex head sock thinggy's. I've been shaving every day for almost 20 years, and I dont' know about you - but my head still makes a ton of oil for what hair I'd have left. I go through pillows and pillowcases like crazy and my ball caps get a little stanky after a hot summer. If I want the helmet liner to last, I wear something.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Always wear something, with or without a half helmet. Keeps my chrome from burning when helmet of and keeps cooler when helmet on.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts