Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm building my Road King Special into a Road Glide and I need help with an aftermarket
stereo.

I have a Sony AX100 (Double Din front Single Din back). The install kit I'm using is a Scosche HD7001DDB. Says for using in Road Glide 2014-UP but doesn't seem to fit/look clean.

Any suggestions on this kit or a better product.

Thanks

·
Registered
753 Posts
It’s not on their website, but biketronics has a kit. Pricey, but from what I’ve heard fits like a glove, watertight, and performs well. Give them a call and talk to Mike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Are you using an aftermarket fairing kit or is everything Harley? If the fitment problem is not there but moreso where the face of the radio is, try to find a guy on the internet that goes by the name Shimmy. He makes products that help address the issue with double dins and other such things fitting in Harley fairings. I was thinking of going this same path except to try and find a double din with a single din back that has resistance to rain and weather because the Sony version you are talking about is not weather resistant. The good part about that Sony is that they will warranty it for a weather related failure during the warranty period as far as I read. Either way post up your results and what you did to solve the issues, I am very interested. Good luck and I hope I was able to help ya at least a little.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All parts are Harley.

Biketronics doesn't sell just install kit and shimmy never email me back.

It's crazy I can't find a clean install kit.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Shimmy is very busy. It took him awhile to respond to me. I just installed a double din Pioneer Avic 7000 nex using his install kit and waterproof cover.
Did you add an amp? If so, where did you mount it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts