Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys,
I got a 2018 Harley Road Glide M8 and I was trying to reattach the visor back onto the the windshield vent assembly. I cross-threaded and stripped a bolt inside the duct assembly and that bolt is part of a 2 part system.

Its labeled as part #5700-0960-BYM (LEFT Speaker enclosure pod)/ but the other half is part of a FAIRING INNER-SUB ASSEMBLY PREMIUM. Its 2-PIECES into 1.

I'm looking for that whole assembly because when I was trying to put back the screen visor, the bolt got cross--threaded on the fairing side so I had to take the whole thing off because not only is it a speaker enclosure but its part of the INNER SUB-ASSEMBLY FAIRING!, its a 2 piece system. They sell them separately, I'm sure you gotta buy the whole thing

Im screwed!
Bike week is in 3 weeks for me to South Carolina, I dont think Ill be going , just cant find this part because when I called the HD dealer, they never even heard of this part number, and I'm reading the number right off my bike, cause I took it off my bike.:crying:

Thanks guys,
John S

·
Registered
352 Posts
I can't help you with the new parts, but can't you re-tap the threads, or drill and tap to the next larger size?

Sent from my coal fired bag phone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
This^^^^^

I’ve had to order a speaker enclosure in the past. Took about a week and a half to get. You might get lucky having one rushed, but they typically have to be sent from Milwaukee. I’d try to tap to the next size up and go from there. I’d also suggest that you always use antiseize on those windshield screws.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts