Road Glide banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a brand new screaming eagle race tuner on ebay unopened and am concerned that its not a pro just a race tuner. Will it work with cams and rest if the norm on a DYNO tune?? Thanks guys

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
758 Posts
Do you have a HD part number?

The SE Pro Super Tuner is 32109-08C and is the better tuner.

The SE Street Tuner is 41000008B is the version with limited adjustment. It limits the adjustments you can make and is basically an emissions compliant tuner. If that's what you got find a way to return it.

Kutter Harley online sells the super tuner for $350, best deal I've seen on it.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I looked in the Screaming Eagle catalog as well as the new HD catalog and I do not see that number listed in either, doesn't mean its not the one you need, just isn't listed. My guess (uneducated of course) is this number superseded the current part number, may be best to contact HD directly as they have archived numbers. I went on HD site and tried to enter the part number on your box and it comes back as not found, may need to contact a dealer and see what you have.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I just Googled the part number and got a great many hits. It appears to be an older generation/discontinued HD tuner. You might want to do the same and read all the threads.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ive read a ton of them. I'm confused cause some say its better cause less emissions and some say it isn't cause the new ones have more tuning ability. :-(. Ugh. I got it brand new unopened for $125 shipped. Thought was a good deal

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hopefully it works for you. I don't know enough about them to advise. However, as I am changing my head pipe and exhaust, I too needed one. I played it safe and gave PC Pain a call and got a great price (at least a $100 savings over my local dealer). Peace of mind thing for me. Of course I'm still waiting for it to arrive - UPS keeps delaying because of the snow storms we keep getting.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have a dobeck performance EJK 3.5 and it's awesome but i need to go have re dyno'd after cams and am tired a going 175 miles for it. I can get it done at 2 bike shops locally with SERT. Thanks for the help :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
That's the first generation SERT, it was replaced by the SEPST in 2008. It is a very good tuner but it doesn't have all the features of the modern SEPST, no Smarttune feature among others. You are limited with the calibrations that are available, depends on the year of your bike. I'm not sure they made any MAPs for anything newer than around 09

·
Registered
4,303 Posts
you may want to get with steve cole, of tts. thats the company that made the original sert, and now the tts. you got a good price on it, and for just a little more, you may be able to 'upgrade' to a current generation tts. if nothing else, he'll be able to tell you your options.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Older SE Race Tuner

It's been covered, but I will add that I used that model on an '07 FLSTC with a 117" rebuild. It tuned well with a good dyno operator--I was pleased with the results. The "B" motors struggle to spin up as fast as an "A" moter given the weight on the flywheel.
But it will work. Scratch stated correctly, Steve Cole's company designed it and when the contract with HD was up and HD went with another contractor, Steve turned his product knowledge into the TTS system which has better capabilities than the older SERT.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well the indy that did my cams and tune said the tuner wouldn't work on newer then 08 and forced me me to buy new. I was very lucky and sold the other one to a customer of the indy for what i paid. Bike runs great and I'm happy

1 - 14 of 14 Posts