Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just finished installing new 12” bars on a 2022 Road Glide Special. I didn’t need to extend any wires, but I had to de-pin every connector.
I removed the main fuse before removing the stock bars, and replaced after everything else was done.
Turn the ignition switch to the ON position, everything powers up properly ( gauges, headlights, radio etc…) the fuel pump primes But none of the hand controls work, bike won’t start, volume, turn signal, horn, none of the controls work.
I took all the connectors back out and plugged them back to make sure they were plugged in properly. Tried again and same results.

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Welcome to the Forum and congrats on the new ride. Hopefully your wiring is all good. Even though you pulled that main fuse like you should I’d check that 5A fuse. It caused me the same symptoms your having. Why did you have to de-pin the connectors?

Reactions: JT22RGS and Mike U

·
Super Moderator
12,079 Posts
Welcome, from New York, to The Greatest Forum on The Internet!
Congrats on The New Glide.
After checking the 5 amp fuse that @mjsdouble suggested check the Clam Shells for crimped wires it’s possible when You replaced the hand controls You may have pinched a wire.
Also check to make sure the de pinned wires were replaced in their proper place.
Mike U.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your help, I did a lot of searching before posting. And I had already checked the 5amp fuse suggested from other posts as well
After posting I decided to take it all apart again and realized that there is two plugs behind the gauges that are the same. Dumb mistake, I just swapped them and everything works.
Thanks again
The new bars are awesome, what a big difference, completely new bike.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Thank you both for your help, I did a lot of searching before posting. And I had already checked the 5amp fuse suggested from other posts as well
After posting I decided to take it all apart again and realized that there is two plugs behind the gauges that are the same. Dumb mistake, I just swapped them and everything works.
Thanks again
Was getting ready to say check the kill switch. Don’t ask why.

·
Registered
2021 Harley Davidson Road Glide Special
281 Posts
Thanks again
I did the same thing when I installed my 1st set of bar, terrible feeling! Glad you got it all working.

·
Super Moderator
12,079 Posts
Thanks again
Glad You found The Issue and have everything working properly now Brother.
Mike U.

·
Super Moderator
5,771 Posts
Glad you figured it out and posted is so someone else can benefit from the experience. Enjoy your new ride and the new bars. For a proper welcome you can introduce yourself in the New Member section.

Reactions: Mike U

·
Registered
7,896 Posts
Reading all these types of posts over the 6 years I have been on these forums almost kept me from changing out the bars. LOL!
When I did them, I was so very methodical that all went without a hitch.
Yes, all these post read beforehand helps those who take on this job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts