Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After installing V&H power duals, I managed to crossthread the right drivers footboard rear bolt frame receiver. I feel like a complete idiot, especially after having Installed the exhaust twice, the second time to fix a poor gasket seal. Fixing this is definitely outside my experience level, and I'm hoping that you all can help steer me towards towards the right repair option.

Can the dealer retap these threads? I can see the cross thread, it's within the first couple turns of the bolt. I want to make sure it gets done right the first time. Bike is brand new and don't want to turn this into a total catastrophe. Appreciate y'alls help.

·
Registered
152 Posts
After installing V&H power duals, I managed to crossthread the right drivers footboard rear bolt frame receiver. I feel like a complete idiot, especially after having Installed the exhaust twice, the second time to fix a poor gasket seal. Fixing this is definitely outside my experience level, and I'm hoping that you all can help steer me towards towards the right repair option.

Can the dealer retap these threads? I can see the cross thread, it's within the first couple turns of the bolt. I want to make sure it gets done right the first time. Bike is brand new and don't want to turn this into a total catastrophe. Appreciate y'alls help.
I would recommend a thread chaser not a tap. They look similar but a thread chaser is flat on the bottom. It will restore the original threads instead of cutting new ones.

·
Registered
498 Posts
What year is your bike? My buddy did the same thing on his 2015. The boards on the Rushmores bolt to the same bracket as the engine mount. It is removable. Think it cost him about $55 from boardtracker. Easy replacement.

If it's the older frame then follow the previous advice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts