Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys... :-(

Very depressed. So I ride a 2015 Roadglide special, and I'm hoping some of you guys can help.

Last week I took the plunge and installed my new handlebars. Put it together, took it for a ride... Great. Rode it into work and then home, the next morning iv got nothing.... Turn the ignition on, headlight and running lights, and fuel pump would kick on, but nothing else. I pulled it all back apart, checked my connections and didn't find anything wrong. (Then I got the tumblers all outa wack in the ignition, built a tool, and realigned, bingo). Now today, iv got nothing at all. No headlight... no stereo.. nothing.

I'm overwhelmed. Checked the battery, all is well. Checked the main fuse, and fuse block, and I have no blown fuses.

Does any body have any ideas? Is there anymore fuses hidden else where? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated guys. Thank you :-(

· Registered
10,571 Posts
Did everything work once you realigned the ignition ?

· Registered
809 Posts
Hey guys... :-(

Very depressed. So I ride a 2015 Roadglide special, and I'm hoping some of you guys can help.

Last week I took the plunge and installed my new handlebars. Put it together, took it for a ride... Great. Rode it into work and then home, the next morning iv got nothing.... Turn the ignition on, headlight and running lights, and fuel pump would kick on, but nothing else. I pulled it all back apart, checked my connections and didn't find anything wrong. (Then I got the tumblers all outa wack in the ignition, built a tool, and realigned, bingo). Now today, iv got nothing at all. No headlight... no stereo.. nothing.

I'm overwhelmed. Checked the battery, all is well. Checked the main fuse, and fuse block, and I have no blown fuses.

Does any body have any ideas? Is there anymore fuses hidden else where? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated guys. Thank you :-(

If the 15's have them, the first thing to do is check the maxi-fuse, and recheck all the other fuses with a multimeter. If those check good, then next step is to pull the ign. knob out again. I would bet it isn't really aligned, just moved around enough to get the knob dropped in. If any of this gets you back to things partially working, then it is time to have a real close look at the control plugs and make double sure you have every pin in the correct whole.

· Registered
21 Posts
To the OP I've seen about 3 of your threads related to 14" Malos on a 2015 RGS, but all of the threads are incomplete. Have you found your issue? What did you do about cables when you got stuck in the middle of the install? I've got the same bars on order and I'm trying to get some information on what I'm facing, thanks

· Registered
1,344 Posts
Check your DTC's? What codes if any do you have? DTC's will tell you a lot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.