Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased and was attempting to install the GADS kit for a 2015. Per the instructions, I removed the bolts on the fork slider covers. When I tried to install, one of the screws would not, under any circumstances, go back in.

I thought, f it, I won't install the triple tree deflector. So I tried to put the bolts back in without it, and one of them still won't go in.

So, my question is this, is the bike safe to ride to the dealership with that bolt out? It appears to be a bolt that just holds on a black cover...

Help would be greatly appreciated, I have an appointment tomorrow at the dealership for the recall and don't want to miss it.

·
Registered
9,707 Posts
If your talking about the Cow bells , it will be fine. You probably just buggered up the outside thread a little. A picture speaks a thousand words.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your talking about the Cow bells , it will be fine. You probably just buggered up the outside thread a little. A picture speaks a thousand words.
A picture of what? There's no way for me to fit a camera in there to get a pic of the receiving threads. The threads on the bolt look fine.

I'll go get a pic of the area so you can at least see what area I'm talking about.

·
Registered
9,707 Posts
A picture of what? There's no way for me to fit a camera in there to get a pic of the receiving threads. The threads on the bolt look fine.

I'll go get a pic of the area so you can at least see what area I'm talking about.
Yes, a Pic of the part in question.

·
Registered
9,707 Posts

Two pics. One with bolt in, one out. Just so you can see which one I'm talking about. Couldn't get a clean pic inside that hole.
As long as you got the front one in and tight, you'll be good to ride to the dealer. I bet if you play with it some more , you'll get it. Make sure the one already in is loose until you get the front one started.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As long as you got the front one in and tight, you'll be good to ride to the dealer. I bet if you play with it some more , you'll get it. Make sure the one already in is loose until you get the front one started.
It's probably too late to do anything about it, but I'm not sure what you mean by front one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.