Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 Road Glide. Bike has been parked in garage hooked to battery tender. I noticed the other night my headlight flickering...I was like wtf!! So I walked over and turned ignition on and it quit. Then it did again last night. Same thing turned ignition on and it quit. I unplugged battery tender thinking that may have been causing some kind of over charging issue. Well with it unhooked it was doing it again this morning. Im stumped and dont know what could be causing this. I hooked up and amp a few months ago but it was all plug and play. I dont think that has anything to do with it. Whats weird is it does it with ignition off. Any help would be great!! Thanks

·
Registered
8,790 Posts
Is it part of the new security system ?
If I were you I'd unplug my plug &play amp and see if it still does it. Canbus systems are touchy. If it stops , you know the problem, if not , take it back for warranty work.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont think it is with the alarm. Because its actually only one side of the headlight. Im gonna unhook amp and see if it still is doing it. No other lights are on when it does it.

·
Registered
6,588 Posts
The amp shouldn't have anything to do with it.
Looks like a warranty issue to me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree I don't think its the amp. I did disarm the alarm to see if maybe that might have something to do it. Only other thing I have done was install an led light kit on bike, engine,frame,under bags etc. But that is on its own circuit and has its own positive and neg.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
+1 on the warranty issue, but i'd remove all of the mods so they can't use that as a reason to invalidate your warranty. Granted, the law is on your side, in that they have to prove that your mods caused the failure, but sometimes it's just not worth the fight.

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
+1 on the warranty issue, but i'd remove all of the mods so they can't use that as a reason to invalidate your warranty. Granted, the law is on your side, in that they have to prove that your mods caused the failure, but sometimes it's just not worth the fight.
This is a good point.

Id be quite upset if I had a '15 and was already having an electrical issue. It cant be more than 6 months old.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts