Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLVED! Help Installing Aftermarket LED Brake Lights

Hello guys, noob here trying to gather some information, the sled is a 2015 RGS . I'm trying to install two 8" flexible LED strips to the rear of the bike as running/stop/turn signal. The strip has 5 wires; RED for brake, WHITE for tail/running light, GREEN for left turning signal, YELLOW for right turning signal and Black for ground (see pic). Currently running LED Bullet Rings and LED Tri-bar purchased from Customs Dynamics. The plug connecting them has 6 wires total, 2 Black then 2 sets of 3 wires each, BLACK/PURPLE/BLUE (see pic). Can I tap the strip wires directly to this plug? If so, which color goes where? Can someone help me installing them? All input is appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
383 Posts
Want the easy way? https://www.customdynamics.com/14-newer-touring-wiring-adapter-for-harley-davidson?cat=109
I wouldn't start stripping wires, that's how corrosion sets in. If you're going to do it the hard way at least buy some posi-taps. They are pricey but they are awesome and reusable if you ever want to relocate the light or return to stock form. These are stocked in my toolbox at all times. https://www.amazon.com/Posi-Tap-Inline-Connectors-Electrical-Fastener/dp/B01ESCQ9EQ/ref=sr_1_5?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1522893068&sr=1-5&keywords=positap+connectors&dpID=31fgoKjMUvL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the recommendations LD. I took your advice and ordered the plug from Custom Dynamic. This will make the install so much easier and clean, plus save me a lot of headaches. Again, thanks for steering me into that direction.

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
Couldn't be happier with the outcome of the LED brake light strips. They are super bright and blend in nicely with the LED Tribar and Bullet Ringz. Best 4 bucks ever spent on the bike ;)
Agree, first thing I have done on my last 3 bikes. For me nothing beats more lights on the back.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Nice job! That looks great...

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I used CD's two colour LED strips to convert my beasties rear end to European standards and there rings front running LEDs but I had to get the load equaliser as well to stop the fast flashing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts