Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm looking for input on changing my chrome engine covers to black. I have a 19 RGU, Scorched Orange with Black Denim graphics. I want to change all the chrome engine covers to black, but I'm torn on what shade. Gloss it what Harley offers, but the engine is flat or semi. I want to do my turn signals, bag and tourpak hinges/latches, tank and gas cap trim, horn and air cleaner and exhaust covers in semi gloss or denim black. Will the engine covers look good in gloss, semi or flat. I dont want to over-do one or the other. All inputs are welcome. Thanks, adownr

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Hi all, I'm looking for input on changing my chrome engine covers to black. I have a 19 RGU, Scorched Orange with Black Denim graphics. I want to change all the chrome engine covers to black, but I'm torn on what shade. Gloss it what Harley offers, but the engine is flat or semi. I want to do my turn signals, bag and tourpak hinges/latches, tank and gas cap trim, horn and air cleaner and exhaust covers in semi gloss or denim black. Will the engine covers look good in gloss, semi or flat. I dont want to over-do one or the other. All inputs are welcome. Thanks, adownr
Think long and hard about your choice. Semi gloss will fade and denim or flat will stain. Gloss black will be the most durable, but can get rub marks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya, thats why I asked for help deciding. My bikes are under covers in the garage when not ridden, but fading isn't always from sun exposure. I thought matching the flat of the engine would look nice, but I think I will just go Gloss. That way the satin accessories stand out better. Thanks for replying. adown

·
Registered
6 Posts
What specific covers are you talking about? I'm assuming you got the ultra. I've got the scorched special...It's all black.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts